Set up Payoneer as a withdrawal method
- Go to Settings and select Get Paid
- Select Add Method
- Choose your preferred method and select Set Up
- Complete the Payoneer registration process (either by creating a new account or logging in to add Upwork to an existing one)
- When you're finished, you'll be automatically returned to the Upwork site
- Choose a payment schedule and select Next
Here's what you need to know
- Transfers from Upwork to Payoneer typically take 48 hours, but depending on your Payoneer account and their policies, it may take longer.
- Payoneer charges additional usage fees such as activation, monthly maintenance, transfer, and ATM fees. You can find pricing information in your Payoneer account.
- Payoneer is not available for freelancers in the U.S. or India, and Mali-XOF currency is not accepted.
- The name on your Payoneer account must match your verified name on Upwork. If there's a name mismatch, contact support or add a new payment method.
- For security reasons, your new payment method will become active three days after confirming the account.
If you're working in the countries listed below, additional steps may be required when signing up for a Payoneer prepaid card. Contact Payoneer customer support for details.
- Saudi Arabia
To remove Payoneer as a withdrawal method
- Log into your Upwork account and select Settings
- Select Get Paid
- Select Withdrawal Methods
- Select the three dots (...) near your Payoneer account
- Select Remove
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the relationship between my card issuer, Wirecard Solutions Limited, and Wirecard AG?
Wirecard Card Solutions Limited (WCSL), a subsidiary of Wirecard AG, is the company that issues Payoneer prepaid cards outside the United States.