Set up wire transfer as a withdrawal method
- Go to Settings, and select Get Paid
- Select Add Method
- Choose your preferred method and select Set Up
- Enter your bank account details
- Choose a payment schedule and select Next
Here’s what you need to know
- Wire transfers are processed within one business day, but it may take up to seven business days for the funds to reach your bank account. Bank holidays in the U.S. or your country can cause delays.
- Upwork charges a $30 fee for each U.S. dollar wire transfer. For non-U.S. dollar accounts, the exchange rate is determined by your bank.
- Your bank may charge additional fees such as exchange fees, currency spreads, or intermediary bank fees; check with your bank for more information.
- The name on your bank account must match your verified name on Upwork. If there's a name mismatch, contact support or add a new payment method.
- If your bank requests a Certificate of Earnings, you can download one from your Reports tab.
- Your new payment method will become active three days after confirming the account for security reasons.
- Some banks require a memo with every incoming wire transfer. When selecting wire transfer as your payment method, you can enter a memo in the Remittance information field. Contact your bank to determine the format required for the memo.
To remove wire transfers as a withdrawal method
- Log into your Upwork account and select Settings
- Select Get Paid
- Select Withdrawal Methods
- Select the three dots (...) near your bank account
- Select Remove