🐈
» Groups » Writers & Translators » Forum » Creative Writer
Page options
e6c64694
Community Member

Creative Writer

Hi, I'm Benita and I'm a creative writer. I write stories and ebooks across different genres.

I would love to connect with other creatives and possibly prospects.

Thanks.☺️

15 REPLIES 15
f005b114
Community Member

Welcome

Thank you.

353b6640
Community Member

Awesome! I'm interested in connecting with you too. I'm also a creative
writer.🤗

So how do we connect? What platform do you use?

I'm using Upwork plate form the link of my profile is
https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~013e48a24784a6ac0a
You can connect me by Upwork

Let's connect on Facebook. Here's the link to my Facebook Profile.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

1f0877ff
Community Member

Hi am new here and also writer can we get connected

allergywriter
Community Member

Hi Benita! I write nonfiction and so admire those who can create fiction out of thin air. You'll probably find many other writers here, but prospective clients won't be in this forum.

Thanks Cheryl. Which forum do you think I would be able to get clients?
petra_r
Community Member

Benita C wrote:
Thanks Cheryl. Which forum do you think I would be able to get clients?

You connect with clients by applying to their job posts. Like everyone else.

paola_lucchesi
Community Member

Good morning freelancers.

Has any of you received emails apparently  from this forum asking you for your WhatsApp number?

Looks like the scammers who are flooding Upwork are lurking here too...

Hi Paola,

Thanks for posting your concern in the Community. In order to investigate further, could you please select my name > select "Send a Message" button on the upper-right side of the page and send me a screenshot of the email in question, along with the originating email address? I checked and it doesn't appear it's related to private messages in the forums so I'd like to take a closer look. Thank you.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Done. I found out, upon closer inspection, that I have received THREE messages asking me to establish contact via Whatsapp.

A word of caution, especially for newbies: I did investigate one scammy ad playing the game to chat with him on Telegram. It was OBVIOUSLY a scam (* I smell all sorts of scams ten miles away), but I was curious to find out when the money request would step in.

I did... I might take the time to screenshot the whole thing from my Telegram and upload it here for the benefit of the community.

There are hundreds of these fake ads flooding the jobs feed. I red-flagged tons of them and reported them several times.

Please, be careful.

You WILL get a money request, at some point.

Hi Paola,

Thanks for the private message! I shared more information in my response and would just like to confirm here for the benefit of other members that the emails you referenced aren't a security risk and have been sent by design, related to a couple of posts we've removed yesterday from this thread. Thank you for being vigilant and sharing your concern with us.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Paola L wrote:

A word of caution, especially for newbies: I did investigate one scammy ad playing the game to chat with him on Telegram.

A word of caution: Upwork doesn't care if you're falling for a line or "playing the game." Communicating with prospects off-platform when there's no contract is a violation of the terms of service. "For the benefit of the community" or for any other reason—don't do it.

e6eadd4b
Community Member

Hi Benita nice to meet you; interested to connect u 🙂