🐈
» Groups » Writers & Translators » Forum » HELLO,I'M NEW IN FREELANCING
Page options
de9e1579
Community Member

HELLO,I'M NEW IN FREELANCING

Hi everybody,

I’m Gervina, from Madagascar but speak french fluently and my english level is intermediate. I am happy to be part of the teamupwork group. Thanks you for acceding me.  My skills are writing(resume, web content,product description, etc.) / virtual assistant : administrative or other/visual design (CV, Flyers, banner,logos, etc.)

I am looking for a proposal in line with my profile such as writing web content, product description for e-commerce sites, doing virtual assistance, community manager. I’m beginner in upwork , can u share how did you find your first task ? How was it ?

Thanks for reply

14 REPLIES 14
sabtain890
Community Member

Testing exclusive cowl letter options is a critical step at the beginning of your freelancing journey and separates folks who land their first gig from those who surrender. competition can be hard, in particular for brand new freelancers simply beginning out. With out an powerful thought, you can turn out to be sending out dozens of proposals, handiest for they all to be overlooked. while all of it comes all the way down to it, getting your first customer requires you to write a compelling concept. check the whole thing and maintain attempting till you locate the approach that works for you.It normally takes 3 days on average for customers on Upwork to rent a freelancer they think is the exceptional healthy for their project. staying power plays a essential function in touchdown that coveted first task.Preserve making use of to more than one jobs that fit your enjoy whilst you watch for responses from prospective clients.

Thank you for your advice 🙂

jpacamana
Community Member

Hi Marie! You should start sending proposals. 😄 With your skills, you should get your first project in no time. Take your rejections as fuel to challenge yourself. It will also improve your communication on what type of messaging works to get interviews.

Back when I was new in upwork it took me 3 months before I got my first project. 😄

I guess it will depend on how persistent you are in sending proposals.

Let me know if you need help in anything. 😄

Thanks for the motivation. Can u share what type of messaging works to get interviews, please?

I used to start by dear Mrs/Mr, is it good?

Thank you in advance 😊

Hello Marie!

You can start by just saying Hi or Hello for salutation and if you know the name of the client then you should definitely add that as well. 

8e7c6eca
Community Member

Hi, Gervina
I am mekahmano from Pakistan. I am data entry expert, Professional translator and seo content writer. I also facing the same problem. I am also not getting any order. 

Hi Meckah,

Since when did you start?

09bf1386
Community Member

Hi Marie, welcome to the Upwork community. 

4be94ac9
Community Member

Hi Mary and everyone

I came to UPwork recently

I send several proposals without success I have read some courses offered by the UpWork Academy to improve my profile,  I also suggest you try it 

I also ask those who already receive jobs if they can also invite the unemployed to help them, that would be good 

I invite you to visit my profile and make me suggestions: Avlessi Tonami 

Thanks!

bde2519f
Community Member

Hello

Tigran Grigoryan
9cdc4daf
Community Member

Hi am. new here and am looking for jobs and I would like to know how to connect with clients ,learn most of the basics used here to at least earn myself 15$ a day.

Hi Mark,

Welcome to Upwork! We’re here to help you navigate the world of online work. Let’s start with the basics here at Upwork.
Below there are a few Upwork Academy courses to help you get started:

Additionally, feel free to sign up for upcoming events and webinars to learn more about how you can boost your success on Upwork.

We hope you find these online resources useful in your Upwork journey.

~ AJ
Upwork
38531c6e
Community Member

My brother can u give me a brief description of how to write proposal in detail?.

Pls, I am as new as today to upwork and to get any job I need to be able to write proposals.pls I am still navigating through it but very badly needs assistance in order to start getting jobs.