🐈
» Groups » Writers & Translators » Forum » Modifying a PDF document
Page options
translatafr
Community Member

Modifying a PDF document

Hi all 🙂

What software do you use to modify the text of a PDF document to translate it?

Thank you very much in advance

Best wishes

Celine

7 REPLIES 7
c18f1786
Community Member

There are many freely available online tools for PDF to Word conversion (although I've never been convinced about how secure they are). Alternatively, you could use Adobe Acrobat Pro if you have a Creative Cloud subscription. Hope that helps. I expect you'll probably get many other suggestions here!

Hi Mark, well that's the thing I have uploaded a couple of the free ones but I haven't actually been able to really do anything and I wonder if they are secure. Do you think Adobe Arobat Pro is the only way? What do you use. Thank you 🙂

Hi Celine, surprised to hear it won't convert using the online tools, but I guess they don't work for everything. In that case I would just copy and paste the relevant text into Word using the free version of PDF-XChange Editor (not sure if I'm allowed to post the link here, but just search for it). Been using that for years. It can be a bit time consuming, but it's free. There's a select text function in there, and the export to image function also works great if you ever need that.

Upload the document to Google Docs and there are a few applications that can get it done. Also, the free application suite  Libre Office 7.4+ can do the same after installation.

7a1540ae
Community Member

hi here i give you a list of software you can use

• Adobe Acrobat.
  • Foxit PDF Editor.
  • pdfFiller by airSlate.
  • Smallpdf.
  • Wondershare PDFelement.
  • Nitro PDF Productivity.
  • Adobe PDF Pack.
  • FineReader PDF for Windows and Mac.
translatafr
Community Member

Thank you all for sharing. 😊

I wanted to avoid costs but it feels like I would need to go with a paid software anyway for security reasons. 

af1970
Community Member

Most welcome greeting I am expert in Data Entry , Formatting design Microsoft word , Power point , Microsoft Excel sheet, Data entry Word document to stand out from the crowd by repairing formatting, making the layout consistent, and adding colors and pop. I am professional, Friendly and happy to work with clients who needs to great work. I have 25 years computer related jobs experience. Ø Data entry with fast speed. Ø Create fill able PDF or excel and Word forms, Ø PDF to MS Word or MS Excel, PowerPoint. Ø convert your PSD file into Png and JPG, Ø Copy paste from PDF into Excel, Word. Ø Proof reading, report writing, research writing, General office ,Data Collection, Data Delivery, Data extraction, Content Audit. Ø Select a Different color scheme to make your required document to Bring it eye-catching. Ø Choose the best and dynamic fonts & size to bring your document look Professional. Ø Correct layout with border and paragraph. Ø Graphic Designs In Corel draw and adobe photo shop, illustrator Ø Business card , weeding card, hotel menu and all cards working. Ø Logo designs, brochure poster, banner, flex designs in different Corel draw, adobe photo shop, illustrator, Ø Incorporate your logo design and company information Ø Automatic page numbers. Ø Convert your final work or design, to PDF  Create a spectacular cover page . Ø Proofreading for spelling and simple according to grammar . I will deliver your project according to your given delivery time . Best Regards Afzal Ahmed