Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connects Change Rollout Update and Frequently Asked Questions

andregutierrez22
Andrea G Moderator Member Since: Jul 7, 2020
4551 of 4,559

Hi Wajid,

Yes, prepaid cards may be used to purchase Connects, but not membership plans. Please read more about the Billing Method available here.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
javiyamahesh
Mahesh J Member Since: May 5, 2015
4552 of 4,559

Hi, New policy of connect are good and give quality of job work. Now as freelance I am loosing money by connect by applying job of client which is not respond within a 1 or 3 day. As per connect policy, there also any policy on client for responding to freelancer instead of ignoring or some of client, just post job for getting knowledge of project cost keep project there for archived. If there any solution then its good for freelance to give a cost of connect without any hesitate. We are know Upwork towards to providing great quality of job and clients that we all are appreciate and thanks.

d96b0561
Abdul Samad I Member Since: Nov 16, 2020
4553 of 4,559

Hi,

I am new to upwork and planning to switch to Plus plan but before I do so, I'd like to know that if I downgrade to the free plan prior to the start of new billing cycle. WOuld I lose all my Upwork connects i.e. 80 that I would have got as part of my plus plan or would that rollover to next month Free plan
In short, my question is will I lose current connects that I got with plus membership on downgrading my plan?

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
4554 of 4,559

Hi Abdul,

Your remaining connects will be rollover to your new cycle even if you downgrade back to our Basic plan. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
365ed930
Shamila I Member Since: Oct 22, 2020
4555 of 4,559

Hi there

I am curious...how are connects allocated to jobs?  Why do some jobs have 2 connects and other similar ones have 6 connects. Curious to know how all this works. Any answers?

Thanks

g_vasilevski
4556 of 4,559

Hi Shamila,

We calculate the number of Connects needed based on the projected job duration, budget amount and marketplace demand. Once a job is posted, however, we may lower the number of Connects needed to encourage more freelancers to submit proposals. In these cases, if you submitted a proposal shortly after the job was posted you might be required to use more Connects than someone who submits a proposal a few days later, for example. We do not refund Connects in these cases. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
9c8f0515
Ace Contributor
Chris B Member Since: Mar 4, 2017
4557 of 4,559

In 30 or more submissions I have received only one job and only one response from the same person. About 75% of the rest either hang out here for WEEKS and get canceled or are withdrawn.

Guess what. Freelancers LOSE the connects they used to submit for the job. I work in IT/Developement and can say this is a bad practice. Here's what we need:

1.) Give back connects to freelancers when jobs are either idle for too long or withdrawn. 

2.) Charge the client a small $1-$5 fee that will go toward the total cost if they hire someone or they forfeit the money if not.

Many people are going to get the impression that "someone" is creating fake jobs only to pull them to get our connects. I pay for mine but after this month will no longer be doing so unless these changes are made.

f2dfd983
Aminur R Member Since: Dec 11, 2020
4558 of 4,559

I didn't get 40 connects upon registering. I have 20 connects in my account now.
Also, is my account eligible for submitting proposals now?

g_vasilevski
4559 of 4,559

Hi Aminur,

because we want to give freelancers who are new to Upwork a chance to try out the marketplace at no initial cost, we give them an allotment of free Connects after their registration is accepted. We are currently testing out giving new freelancers different amounts to determine what helps them get up-and-running on Upwork.
You can start sending proposals once you`re ready, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS