cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Location Selection Expanding to UK Clients

Highlighted
Elpis C Member Since: Oct 11, 2019
561 of 987

Hello! Thank you for your reply. However, nobody got in touch yet? Could you please let me know what action to take to solve this issue?

Thank youSmiley Happy

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
562 of 987

I apologize for the delay in receiving an update, Elpis.

I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect one of our agents to reach out to you directly via support ticket as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Burak E Member Since: Feb 25, 2019
563 of 987

I moved to the UK and set up a company with a valid visa,

however, Upwork only accepts British driving license or British passport for location verification.

I have many other documents proving my status but I cannot submit them,

In order to bid for work within the UK, I need to verify my location, is there any manual way to do that?

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
564 of 987

Hi Burak, 

I have shared your account information with the Customer Support Team, and they will reach out to you to assist you with your location verification.

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Uju U Member Since: Oct 14, 2019
565 of 987
I'm trying to place a bid for a UK project since I'm in the UK, but the only way to confirm is with a British passport or driver. As an immigrant, I'm studying here on a Visa, which means my residence permit is not valid?
Why isnt there another way to verify location?
Highlighted
566 of 987

Hi Uju,

Thank you for reaching out to us! One of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket and assist you further with your concern.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Marta S Member Since: Oct 14, 2019
567 of 987

Hi, 

I live and work in the UK since 2014. I would like to send a proposal to many jobs that require "UK only freelancers". I can upload my passport but given that my nationality is not English, it does not recognise it as valid.

I live and pay taxes in the UK, why would i not be allowed to apply for projects that are UK residents only?

Highlighted
568 of 987

Thank you for reaching out to us, Marta.

I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Ben T Member Since: Nov 3, 2018
569 of 987

I'm a UK-based EU citizen, and when trying to verify my location there are only two options: British Passport or UK Driving Licence. I don't have any of it, how can I verify my location then? Thanks in advance!

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
570 of 987

Hi Ben,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS