Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Identity Verification Badge available soon for Top Rated Freelancers

federicodorfman
Federico D Member Since: Apr 26, 2021
671 of 700

Hi, I see a sign on the top of the screen that reads:

"Action required: Verify your identity by 05/03/2021 UTC to continue winning jobs on Upwork. Get started."

That date already passed, but I went to the Get started link anyways and it first asked for a picture of my ID. I uploaded one and step "1. ID document verification" was "Successfully verified on 2021-04-26".

But then I tried doing the step "2. Visual verification" several times unsuccessfully. Every time that I press "Continue" and then "Chat Now", I keep waiting for someone to start the visual ID check, but I'm always stuck on a screen that reads "Wait for the visual ID check. This should only take a few minutes", after some time it says that there was Timeout and asks me to Try Again. I already tried 10 times with no success. Furthermore, if I close the popup it says that I have 6 days left to verify my identity to avoid a hold on my account, so this seems pretty important.

Can you please check why this might be happening?

Thanks,

Federico.

tinker_bell3
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
672 of 700

Hi Federico,

I've shared your concern with the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
federicodorfman
673 of 700

Thanks!

I still have issues trying to have the visual identity call, but I just realized that the date on the warning sign is actually next week, so it's correct, sorry, I'm used to dates in a different format Smiley Happy

Regards,

Federico.

tinker_bell3
674 of 700

Hi Demintha,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
federicodorfman
675 of 700

Hi Demintha, luckily this has been resolved already. One of your agents contacted me through the chat already, sent me a link to have a Google Meets call, and I was able to validate my account.

Thanks!

ba21b67e
Shinnosuke O Member Since: May 7, 2021
676 of 700

Hi,

I'm new to Upwork and now I'm doing the id verification process, but I can't complete it because I don't have my passport (expired some months ago), national ID card, visa, driver's license.  

How can I get the verification?

Thank you.

tinker_bell3
677 of 700

Hi Shinnosuke,

I've shared your concern with the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
ba21b67e
678 of 700

Hi,

Thank you for your quick help with my problem. But I can't open a support ticket you sent to me. (I got stack here  **Edited for Community Guidelines**, saying "No requests found." What should I do to get your direct support?

Thank you.

egaruth
Nikola S Moderator Member Since: Jul 2, 2020
679 of 700

Hi Shinnosuke,

When a ticket is created, you can view it from your Upwork account, and likewise, an email is sent to the email address you have on file. If you are unable to check the ticket, please check your email. If it's not in your inbox, kindly try checking your spam folder. 

Let us know if you are unable to find the email and we will assist you further.

~ Nikola

Untitled
ba21b67e
680 of 700

Hi,

I'm sorry but I couldn't find a ticket in my inbox nor in my spam folder. Also, I haven't found any notification about a ticket on my Upwork account so far. What should I do next?

Thank you.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS