Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Specialized Profiles Soon Available in All Categories

Highlighted
Carena K Member Since: Jul 6, 2020
301 of 335

Hello,

I had this problem as well. I figured out once you create it, you have to go through view extra steps.

Profile Settings > Specialized Profiles > Edit (which will automatically take you to skills to add for that specialty) > back > delete 

It took me a minute but once it's a draft you should be able to delete it after clicking back! I hope this helps! 

Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
302 of 335

Hi Giulia, and Sagar,

The option to delete a Specialized Profile is no longer available unless a freelancer has at least one other Specialized Profile. 

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Highlighted
sagar U Member Since: Jan 4, 2018
303 of 335

it's very odd. See here what I mean. https://prnt.sc/tc2egr

Highlighted
sagar U Member Since: Jan 4, 2018
304 of 335

Also, the bad thing I have observed is that the Upwork showcase specializes profile in the search. I made $70k using a general profile and in search, it shows $0k  for specializes profile. No one is going to hire me, bro.

Highlighted
Giulia T Member Since: Jul 4, 2020
305 of 335

That is very inconvenient. Also, this should be mentioned before someone starts creating such profile.

Highlighted
Alfonso O Member Since: Jul 1, 2020
306 of 335

Hello,

I accidentally added a specialized profile and somehow can't delete it. I've done research and supposedly you can delete it under profile settings> specialized profile> ... > delete but I can't seem to find it under the options. It looks unprofessional because it's basically just a duplicate and I don't really want 2 profiles, Is there any other way to remove the profile?

Attached file for screenshot of the problem.

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
307 of 335

Hi Alfonso,

I would like to clarify that this is by design. All freelancers will need to have at least one specialized profile. Thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Cristian B Member Since: Aug 23, 2017
308 of 335

I really don't like this idea at all. If I wanna have one single profile, why should it be a duplicate??? Makes zero sense to me

Highlighted
Riaz A Member Since: Jul 6, 2020
309 of 335

Hi, I just created my new upwork profile today. But, I am not able to delete the specialized profile I created. I selected the "Manage Specialized Profiles" section. Then, clicked the drop down menu next to the specialized profile. VIEW, EDIT and SWITCH SPECIALITY appeared in the drop down menu, but not DELETE. Have been trying to figure this out for the last couple of hours, please see the attached screen shot.

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
310 of 335

Hi Riaz,

Please note that the option to delete a Specialized Profile is no longer available unless a freelancer has at least one other Specialized Profile. 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS