🐈
» Forums » Agencies » Can Upwork give me certificate that it holds ...
Page options
1d3dc656
Community Member

Can Upwork give me certificate that it holds $300 which is kept for some bank decision.

Context is below ticket: https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/requests/34204244

I am stuck due to my client's issue with Upwork. 

The client paid $700 additionally ( by mistake, according to him ) . he asked for a refund raised a dispute with his bank. Bank approved $400.

But Upwork asked me to pay $700 to pay back my client. I did it. $400 is transferred to my client. 

Nothing happened for $300. 

My client did not get $300. So this amount is with Upwork. I don't think this money will NOT go to my client as his bank did not approve it. 

So it will remain with Upwork.. but how long? Whatever it's my money right? What mistake I did? .. I lost money due to my client's issue with Upwork.

Can Upwork refund my $300, I can give a guarantee check if the bank gives $300 to my client. Instead of Upwork holding my $300, can Upwork keep my check as a guarantee?

Since my client's bank is not approved a refund of $300. it will never happen. Why should I be a victim of these issues? 

Until I get the money back. please keep the ticket open. otherwise, give me a certificate that Upwork is holding $300.

I want to do serious business on Upwork.

7 REPLIES 7
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jais,

If you have any additional questions regarding this case please post them on your existing ticket for further assistance.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
1d3dc656
Community Member

That ticket is in 'Solved' state. I can't communicate to that ticket. how can we re-open it ? 

1d3dc656
Community Member

Absolutely Bojan S's answer here not at all helped. New ticket is not created and I have no option to reply on old ticket. I left with no option to communicate with Upwork. Old ticket in solved state. Unless my client or Upwork withdraw from their stand, my $300 is remains on Upwork hand. 

I had clearly mentioned Upwork that only $400 out of $700 is approved by client's bank. Still Upwork insisted to me to pay $700. $400 is paid to client and $300 is with Upwork waiting for some bank decisions. 

I can give a check which you can use in case bank pays $300 to my client... please give me back $300. 

Hi Jais,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear that our last response did not help. I would like to clarify further that you can respond to the Solved or Closed ticket via your registered email address. You just need to find and reply to the email notification sent to your registered email address on Mar 16th, 2022 to notify you about the most recent communication from the team. Feel free to message us if you need further assistance.

Thank you. 

Pradeep

Upwork
1d3dc656
Community Member

I sent email. My email may have little delay. if my email comes in ticket. I will put your comment as accepted solution. At the moment it did not come yet.

Thank you for the reply. 

Hi Jais,

Thank you for your follow-up message. I can confirm that we have already received your response to your support ticket. I will follow up with the team to review and expedite a response to your request. One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible to assist you further.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork
1d3dc656
Community Member

Thanks a lot. My message is not appearing on ticket when I checked now and I still can't post a message. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths