🐈
» Forums » Agencies » Questions regarding agency members
Page options
saimulft
Community Member

Questions regarding agency members

Hello, I had a agency account lying for some time. I want to get it moving and that's why need some questions to answered so I can proceed without breaking any TOS.

1. Can I hire a freelancer I worked on upwork as a client into my agency? . I am in a bit of confused state whether should I hire the guys I worked with as a client on upwork ( they are new freelancers but has strong skills )

2. In case I can hire them, than what happens if an agency member breaks a upwork TOS, will my personal account and agency account will be punished ? or only the agency member will be punished?

3. I have a small office with a single Internet connection, If some of my agency members use the office with the same internet connection ( which result in the same IP and Router MAC ) will it be violation?

The answer to these questions are very important for me to decide how I will conduct or whether will I take any action at all... I will really appreciate the answers. Thanks in avance

1 REPLY 1
Community Member

1. Can I hire a freelancer I worked on upwork as a client into my agency? . I am in a bit of confused state whether should I hire the guys I worked with as a client on upwork ( they are new freelancers but has strong skills )

You can hire any Upwork freelancer into your agency, as long as they are not already an exclusive agent of another agency. Remember that you can hire them as either exclusive or non-exclusive.

2. In case I can hire them, than what happens if an agency member breaks a upwork TOS, will my personal account and agency account will be punished ? or only the agency member will be punished?

I don't think there is a unilateral rule. I would be prepared for repercussions, up to and including suspension. As an agency owner, you are responsible for the actions of your agents, per subsection 1.5 of the User Agreement.

3. I have a small office with a single Internet connection, If some of my agency members use the office with the same internet connection ( which result in the same IP and Router MAC ) will it be violation?

As long as all agents are reporting work under their own accounts, there is no issue, even if all log in from the same computer. You may be investigated, but it is not against the rules. However, it is a violation to have more than one account logged into the same device at a time. Even if you only have a single access point, such as a wireless router, there is no issue if everyone uses their own device for manage their work, report time, etc.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths