Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct Contracts now live for all freelancers

Highlighted
Upwork Staff
Jason A Upwork Staff Member Since: Mar 20, 2015
21 of 125

Hi David,

I also want to add that we will be adding the option for hourly contracts later this year.  And you can manually add sales tax to your amount, but unfortunately it's not itemized separately... it's an interesting idea and we can think through if and how we can do this for you.  Thank you for checking out our new feature!

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Ankit A Member Since: Jan 5, 2018
22 of 125

I was waiting for this type of escrow service for a long time. 

Thanks for providing this. This will give some tension-free environment working with my local and Behance network clients. 

My concern here is how you guys deal with my customers.

Am ready to bring my new customers on this escrow service platform, but am afraid Upwork will flood their mail inbox with freelancers suggestion for the same job. 

I don't know if that's a valid concern or not. 

Can someone insider put some light on this?

Stay indoor.

I wish everyone reading this a productive quarantine period  and good health

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
23 of 125

Hi Ankit,

Thank you for the question. We aren't sending email notifications like these to clients who are using the Direct Contracts feature.

Highlighted
Odon C Member Since: Feb 18, 2019
24 of 125

Hi everyone,

If I use this new direct contract feature, the client will get an invoice at end of the project?
I found a new client, but he definietly needs an invoice after the project. 

Thank you for your help,
Ödi

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
25 of 125

Hi Ödi,

Yes, that is correct. Your client will receive an invoice via email with all the relevant contract details, including the contract name, description, price, client's company name, and freelancer’s name. In case your client has questions or needs assistance with the invoices they receive, please advise them to contact us directly and we'll be happy to help! 

Congrats on starting a new working relationship, we'd love to hear your feedback about using the Direct Contract feature!

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Kyrollos S Member Since: Nov 15, 2019
26 of 125

Do the direct contracts affect my profile success score the same way Upwork contracts do or have less effect? and can the client leave a feedback ? and if the client can, will it appear on my profile?

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
27 of 125

Hi Kyrollos,

We've merged your post with the announcement thread we have about Direct Contracts and where we have more information about the feature.

To answer your questions, Direct Contracts will not impact your Job Success Score. These contracts also will not be included in your other Upwork profile stats, such as total earnings, number of jobs, etc.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Kyrollos S Member Since: Nov 15, 2019
28 of 125

thanks Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Vishal B Member Since: Mar 13, 2019
29 of 125

Hey

could anyone guide me if someone hires me on Upwork with direct contracts, after completion of the project it will be shown to my profile or no. and am I able to get rating and feedback also or no.

Regds
Vishal
Highlighted
Liaqat A Member Since: Sep 6, 2016
30 of 125

Hello Vishal,

no, if you try to direct contract with a client outside of Upwork the job and rating will not be showing also trying not to contract outside form Upwork because your payment will be at risk.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS