Samuel A Member Since: Dec 18, 2018
51 of 253

Thank you

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
52 of 253

Samuel,

We checked again and it looks like the client has released the payment and the contract is now showing as completed. Please, let us know if you have any further questions. 

~ Valeria
Untitled
polienkov
Pedro J Member Since: Mar 19, 2019
53 of 253

"We’re sorry to inform you that Direct Contracts are currently not available in your country."

I'm based in Argentina and my client is from Chile. What's wrong? When is it gonna be available?

Thanks in advance.

bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
54 of 253

Hi Pedro,

Currently, Direct Contracts are only available to freelancers and their clients in certain countries. If you attempt to sign up and you or your client are not eligible due to the country you live in, you’ll see the message you're referring to. We hope to expand Direct Contracts to more countries in the future.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
agsdeveloprezz
Javed I Member Since: Apr 26, 2016
55 of 253

A great idea for those clients who are not willing to work here.

This will help more to both.

lgeocole
Geoffroy L Member Since: Jun 18, 2019
56 of 253

Hi, I have created a direct contract but the link to the client by email is not working. The link redirect to a http://prana_upstream/ab/flservices/cl/auth/******* but this address is not working.

aguilosjason
Jason A Member Since: Mar 20, 2015
57 of 253

Hi Geoffroy,

Thanks for reaching out - we're looking into this now and will update you as soon as possible.

aguilosjason
Jason A Member Since: Mar 20, 2015
58 of 253

Hi Geoffroy,

UPDATE: This issue has been fixed so your cilent should now be able to access the contract via the email.  Please let us know if it's still not working.

lgeocole
Geoffroy L Member Since: Jun 18, 2019
59 of 253

Hi Jason. It's working now thanks.

kc_subodh
Ace Contributor
Subodh K Member Since: May 3, 2019
60 of 253

Howdy All, Staying safe? 

Firstly, thanks Upwork for this direct contract feature. It helps to close many difficult clients as it provides escrow service as peace of mind for the clients. 

But before jumping into it I wanna know about the direct contract a bit more. 

Is there a limitation on how many you can send in a day ? Or how do you stop spammers using it? 

Will upwork use my client's information for any purpose? 

Will upwork remarket to my direct clients?  

Will these direct contract job counts towards the freelancer's job success score % ?

Thank you in advance  for you help