cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No feedback contracts no longer impact Job Success Score (JSS)

p_walker-tulloch
Pearlene T Member Since: Nov 6, 2020
61 of 914

Yes it is like they hold you at Gun Point. I have had this happened to me before too.

thecollegepress
Daren C Member Since: May 23, 2016
62 of 914

Just make a first milestone be your deposit. Thats what we do. Do not start anywork without some money in the escrow. 

starrynightastro
Beth R Member Since: Apr 27, 2016
63 of 914
You can always ask clients for a small deposit on fixed rate jobs. I often do this with new clients to reserve time in my schedule.
7be63182
Krystal N C Member Since: May 26, 2020
64 of 914
  • Yes, the system is built to protect the buyers more, which is why I've had some losses here and avoid fixed priced contracts as much as I can. It's risky and people will pretend to dislike the work, so they can choose not to pay, or use a $5 milestone when they don't actually have the money for the final work.
p_walker-tulloch
65 of 914

Indeed.

shahbaz1
Muhammad S Member Since: May 28, 2020
66 of 914

Hi,

As per my experiecne, normaly **Edited for Community Guidelines** people cheat.

I do not pick projects from these countries clients and i did not face no payment issue after work successfuly done.

I have 10 plus years experience on upwork and it is a very good platform.

I like it.

laneski-maureen
Maureen L Member Since: Jun 21, 2017
67 of 914

THANK YOU!! That's wonderful news.

laramill
Lara M Member Since: Oct 1, 2019
68 of 914

I usually work off retainers and if it's a fixed price contract, I have them pay me in advance and release the funds in advance. Its workable. 

p_walker-tulloch
69 of 914

@Laura M I will try that

anastasasiyal
Anastasiya L Member Since: Jul 24, 2019
70 of 914

If I have to work with fixed prices I prefer misltones. I split the job in 3-4 parts. So, I  make sure I get paid for each part and I am not starting on new milstone untill they approve, also, I put water marks on my work, after they approve the milsotnes I sent the files. It works for me, I am 3d rendering specialsit.

Also, before starting any job(especially with fixed price) I look at the client feedbacks form other freelancers. 

I think misltones will help you to secure your money better. Rather than you did all work and cleint didnt pay. I would never start work on the next milstone untill previous is fully paid off.