cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requested design updates to the Upwork Desktop App

Holli M Member Since: Jul 3, 2018
11 of 97

Is there a way to display the amount of time I've been working since turning the desktop app on again, and not just the total amount of time worked that day?

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
12 of 97

Hi Holli, 

The time tracked will show the hours you have tracked for today, and the hours you have for this week for a specific contract. If you want to see how many hours you have logged for the week for all your contracts, you will need to stop tracking time for a specific contract, and click on the back button to see all your contracts listed. 

-Avery
Untitled
13 of 97

Hi Avery-

I'm trying to find out if there is a way to see the amount of time I have been tracking the task I am working on at that given time and have turned on the tracker for, and not a total for the day.

Before the latest update, in addition to the information shown the in the screenshot attached it showed how long the tracker had been turned on for the current job/task you were working on.

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
14 of 97

Hi Holli, 

You should be able to view that by going to your Work Diary (My Jobs > Work Diary), and choosing the specific contract, day, and the description below the screenshots for each logged segement that you want to view. On the app, you can also click on the "View work diary" link just below the image on the "Last screen capture."

-Avery
Untitled
Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
15 of 97

@Holli M wrote:

Hi Avery-

I'm trying to find out if there is a way to see the amount of time I have been tracking the task I am working on at that given time and have turned on the tracker for, and not a total for the day.

Before the latest update, in addition to the information shown the in the screenshot attached it showed how long the tracker had been turned on for the current job/task you were working on. 

The answer is no. Upwork's latest "improvement" to the timer was to kill its ability to function as a timer.

16 of 97

Bummer what a pain, thanks for confirming though!

Ace Contributor
Miloš B Member Since: Nov 17, 2015
17 of 97

Petra,

Now you know what I ment when  opened this thread. This new time tracker is like taking two steps back. I also work for big Enterprise client and would like to know what they think about it. Being unable to see how much I worked in my last session makes following internal contract rules more difficult.

Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
18 of 97

"We removed the elapsed timer which increased each minute, and replaced it with a timer which increases in 10 minute intervals after a screen capture is taken and the time is registered as billable."

Um, no. No. No. No. No.

So now I have to keep the timer displaying constantly, and be constantly calibrating it against a clock.

That is not how I work. That is not how timers work.

How about we have Upwork staff be required to use the timer to get paid?

Ken R Member Since: Jun 5, 2016
19 of 97

I submitted a question through the Help page earlier this week about the updated Desktop App and have not seen an answer in my email yet.

I was completely accustomed to interpreting the timer in terms of UTC time, (despite the occasional complications), which currently is 4 hours ahead of my local time. Now the timer appears to be showing "Time Today" in terms of local time, (e.g., if I work until 1:15 AM, then when I resume the following evening it will say, "Time Today: 1H 10M", or "20M" depending on the randomization), instead of showing the time worked since midnight UTC.

My question was, is this a "real" or "virtual" change, especially with regard to Sunday evenings? If I log hours on a Sunday evening after 8:00 PM local time, will they be counted towards Sunday under local time or still become part of Monday because it is after midnight UTC?

Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
20 of 97

"We removed the elapsed timer which increased each minute, and replaced it with a timer which increases in 10 minute intervals after a screen capture is taken and the time is registered as billable."

I just noticed that. Why the frak did you remove this timer? Who asked you to remove it?

Who decided that? Can he or she come over here so we could talk a bit?

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS