cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account suspension

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
21 of 31

Hi Darrin,

A company other than yours would show in the drop down menu if the client has given you permissions on their end. I will make a note on the ticket you submitted for the team and they will investigate and assist you further.

Also, I would like to note that there are a few reasons why a client's account may get suspended and investigated including issues with payment methods, certain transactions, account sharing, etc. The suspension is applied right away for safety reasons. I will share your feedback about the wording "linked accounts" with the team. We will consider how we can improve it to avoid confusion.

Thank you!

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Darrin O Member Since: Jan 20, 2015
22 of 31

@Valeria K wrote:

Hi Darrin,

A company other than yours would show in the drop down menu if the client has given you permissions on their end. I will make a note on the ticket you submitted for the team and they will investigate and assist you further.

Thank you for following up on this.  I can think of no good reason for that client to do such a thing, so it's either some confusion on their part with the interface, or something went screwy on the backend and the flag was set in Upwork's database without the client's knowledge.  Not good either way, doubly so if it's the sort of thing that can lead to suspensions.

Community Guru
Natasha R Member Since: Aug 2, 2010
23 of 31

Changing the wording is not going to solve the problem.

This is just another issue with linked accounts https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/Account-suspension-due-to-manual-hours/m-p/102763#U10276... there is some kind of bug linking clients and freelancers accounts. I had the same issue few months ago.

Accounts get suspended because it’s a violation to oDesk/Upwork policy to sign up for more than one account, the problem is that it’s a bug causing this.

24 of 31

Hi Natasha,

There is no bug that causes accounts to be linked. We have systems in place that identify potential violations of the Policies and then the team follows up with further investigation. At that stage it's important that users communicate with the team through the ticket to clarify the issue.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Natasha R Member Since: Aug 2, 2010
25 of 31

It happened to me, my account got linked to one of my client’s account. Lucky for me it was actually solved fast.

In our review, your account appears to be linked with these accounts:

Client’s account.

That is why I think there is something wrong, and so many have reported the same issue.

Community Guru
Krisztina U Member Since: Aug 7, 2009
26 of 31

@Valeria K wrote:

Hi Natasha,

There is no bug that causes accounts to be linked. 

Then how did this happen? https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/Online-Visibility/m-p/93613#M44044

27 of 31

Hi Krizstina,

This was an issue unrelated to account suspensions.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Krisztina U Member Since: Aug 7, 2009
28 of 31

@Valeria K wrote:

Hi Krizstina,

This was an issue unrelated to account suspensions.

You said there was no bug that caused accounts to be linked, I linked a thread that shows that there is a bug causing accounts to be linked. Once acknowledged, what is being done about it?

29 of 31

Hi Krisztina,

I have checked the issue Julie reported on that thread and it should be fixed now. Julies account appears to function properly now. In any case a technical issue such as hers, would not result in a suspension for linked accounts. They are completely different issues. 

~ Valeria
Untitled
Md.Tazul I Member Since: Nov 17, 2015
30 of 31

hi i have open my acount on odesk few years back and after that when odesk turn to upwork i was out from freelance work regarding few issues. but recently i have decided to come back and start my freelance work once again. so that i badly needed to re active my acount asap. thanks

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS