cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I hire a contractor for two different contracts at the same time?

asraf-uzzaman
Ashraf U Member Since: Mar 17, 2012
11 of 51
i think this is the best answer.....
nalin2511
Nalin S Member Since: Jan 26, 2013
12 of 51
Hi, Can a client hire for one hourly job and the other fixed price job using this... To create a new team, go to Manage Work > Create a New Team (bottom, right column)
kugrin
Community Guru
Krisztina U Member Since: Aug 7, 2009
13 of 51
[quote=Danalyn W.]You can only hire the same provider once per teamroom. If create a new team room and post a new job, you can then hire the same provider. When the provider logs in to track time, they will have to select which teamroom (for which job) they want to log hours to. To create a new team, go to Manage Work > Create a New Team (bottom, right column) Once you have the new team created, you can post a new job and select the new team from the team dropdown menu, then proceed to invite the provider. Currently, this is the only way to hire the same provider for 2 different projects.[/quote] Absolutely ridiculous and counterproductive process. At least give the client an error message when they attempt to create a second contract for the same contractor. The current process is neither user friendly nor intuitive and only fails in the very last step - when the contractors accepts the terms - which is a huge waste of time for both the client as well as the contractor.
mostafa01742
Md Golam Mosthafa K Member Since: Feb 26, 2014
14 of 51
[quote=Danalyn W.]You can only hire the same provider once per teamroom. If create a new team room and post a new job, you can then hire the same provider. When the provider logs in to track time, they will have to select which teamroom (for which job) they want to log hours to. To create a new team, go to Manage Work > Create a New Team (bottom, right column) Once you have the new team created, you can post a new job and select the new team from the team dropdown menu, then proceed to invite the provider. Currently, this is the only way to hire the same provider for 2 different projects.[/quote]
f7bb019d
Shavarsh B Member Since: May 14, 2014
15 of 51
I can't seem to find anything about creating teams on the oDesk website. Is this option no longer available?
kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
16 of 51
Hi Shavarsh, You need to contact Customer Support in order to enable the feature of creating multiple Teams. Here is more information about creating Teams and adding Activities. I hope it helps,
~ Valeria
Upwork
b7c09f98
jeff b Member Since: Sep 22, 2016
17 of 51

I have spent too much time unsucessfully looking for manage work / create a new tea reoom. Can you be more specific? bottom right column of what page please?

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
18 of 51

Hi Jeff,

Are you trying to create a different room because you want to hire the same freelancer for two different contracts? If so, you can do it without creating additional teams now. Let me know if you want to create teams anyways.

~ Valeria
Upwork
ankit_sam
Ankit S Member Since: Nov 19, 2009
19 of 51
Lol, it happened with me 2-3 times, but buyer had to end 1 assignment and start another. Thanks for the info.
robric
Ace Contributor
Richard F Member Since: Sep 9, 2009
20 of 51
You can assign multiple tasks to one assignment. If a fixed rate, you just go over budget. If hourly, and the rates differ, then, then you can top up with bonus to get the books to balance. Ask the provider to use different descriptions on the timelog, so you can monitor. robric
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS