cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do upwork make a refund if work was done badly ?

717ac711
Kirill B Member Since: Nov 27, 2017
1 of 13

Hello!

Can upwork make a refund if I can prove poor quality of freelancer's work ? Now we talking with my freelancer, but it seems we will not come to a consensus...

best wishes,

Kirill

dataextract
Community Guru
Ramesh K Member Since: Oct 25, 2015
2 of 13

You released the payment to the freelancer? Is it a fixed price or hourly one?

717ac711
3 of 13

It was hourly-paid work. And yes, i paid him. I should pay every week due to UW rules

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
4 of 13

Hi Kirill,

Please note that on an hourly contract, you are paying your freelancer for their time. If, when reviewing their Work Diary, you see that there are screenshots that are not related to the project, you can dispute them. Check out this help article for detailed step-by-step information about dispute process for hourly contracts.

~ Valeria
Upwork
717ac711
5 of 13

It is hard for me to understand what  he was doing, but he was working. There is no need to dispute on hours, but if final work is terrible, what i can do with this ? How can UW help me ?

dataextract
Community Guru
Ramesh K Member Since: Oct 25, 2015
6 of 13

Unfortunately nothing you can do in this.

Upwork's dispute process details here : https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211062158-Dispute-a-Freelancer-s-Hours

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
7 of 13

Kirill,

Unfortunately, Upwork isn't able to evaluate the quality of the work a freelancer delivered. The team can only determine whether or not the time freelancer billed the client was spent working on the project based on the screenshots in the Work Diary. 

Sorry to hear you didn't like the product the freelancer delivered. You can share your feedback about the freelancer skills in feedback you leave on the contract when it's closed.

~ Valeria
Upwork
prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
8 of 13

Successful clients and successful entrepreneurs pay people for work that was done badly, and they pay people for work that they can not use.

People who try to avoid paying for shoddy work are not successful entrepreneurs. They are not businesspeople. They are letting emotions get in the way of their busines success.

hafeez-reema
Ace Contributor
Reema H Member Since: Nov 23, 2017
9 of 13

surely you can take help from upwork support .

when you have started the contract with the seller , there was an agreement like you will have to do it 

example : build 500link/ edit my  website  ...etc

and after the week if you see that it was not done as described  .

you can  take help from upwork support and they will review everything for you .

thank you 

cupidmedia
Community Guru
Jennifer D Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
10 of 13

@Reema H wrote:

surely you can take help from upwork support .

when you have started the contract with the seller , there was an agreement like you will have to do it 

example : build 500link/ edit my  website  ...etc

and after the week if you see that it was not done as described  .

you can  take help from upwork support and they will review everything for you .

thank you 

Upwork support have already categorically stated right here in this thread that Upwork does not determine job quality. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS