🐈
» Forums » Clients » Freelancer breach of guidelines
Page options
71e147c7
Community Member

Freelancer breach of guidelines

I’m relatively new to upwork, in the sense that I repeatedly attempted to hire people that often agreed to start the work, then disappeared when asked further questions about their experience. I was so happy to find a freelancer who clearly understood my request and had a professional website with recommendations, etc. I was anxious to get started and after seeing such an extremely low priced hourly rate I signed a “standard” confidentiality and long term contract agreement. This is where the problems began as the freelancer disappeared for weeks, after a few requests for response I was assured that a team of people were working very hard on my account and that they are busy with many accounts.  Fast forward, months have passed. I wrote the freelancer this is not the kind of working relationship I want and want to end the contract and I’m told that the contract I signed is unbreakable and I must pay the full amount without receiving any of the work. And now I am constantly being harassed for payment. When I looked for ways to report this scam, I see now that this relationship was in breach of your standards, but I am willing to pay the penalty to stop others from being fooled! see contract attached  ( P.s. Where is support desk contact info? )

**Edited for community guidelines**

12 REPLIES 12
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry about your experience with this freelancer, Odiva.

Our team will reach out to you directly to assist you with this report and advise on further steps.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
71e147c7
Community Member

Please do, I've been seaching for a long time to find a way to contact Upworks support. Just to be clear, This freelancer is using upwork to collect clients for jobs and payment outside of upworks.  See contract  I uploaded February 19.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for following up, Odiva.

I was able to gather more valuable information from your report and will update our team with it to help their investigation.

~ Bojan
Upwork
71e147c7
Community Member

Your team just replied to me regarding a freelancer I did not report. Just to be clear...

I did not file any compliant on Ms. J.S..

I reported **Edited for community guidelines** for circumvention. Please have someone read the report again. Thank you.

petra_r
Community Member

Odiva V wrote:

I reported **Edited for community guidelines** for circumvention. 

You also reported yourself for circumvention...

tta192
Community Member

Petra R wrote:

Odiva V wrote:

I reported **Edited for community guidelines** for circumvention. 

You also reported yourself for circumvention...

A client is never guilty of circumvention. A client "didn't know...", a client "was led to believe..." or "was too busy..."

71e147c7
Community Member

A thank you and then the case is mark closed??? 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Odiva,

I understand you're frustrated with this experience and can confirm that Upwork team has reviewed your report and taken action accordingly. I also would like to note that Upwork offers Payment Protection which you can read about here. But having an official contract on Upwork is one of the requirements to qualify for Upwork Protection.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
versailles
Community Member

Odiva V wrote:

after seeing such an extremely low priced hourly rate I signed

Do you begin to understand why the people you are interacting with are **Edited for Community Guidelines**? If you want professional work done, you need to hire professionals. These don't charge extremely low priced hourly rates.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless

As a client, I have hired over 100 freelancers on Upwork.

Most of them have been fantastic. Some have been real duds.

Either way, I have never needed to contact Upwork about any of them. If a freelancer doesn't meet my standards, I can:
- fire them

- leave honest, appropriate feedback

- decide to never work with them again

I don't need Upwork Customer Support's help to do any of that.

Preston H wrote:

As a client, I have hired over 100 freelancers on Upwork.

Most of them have been fantastic. Some have been real duds.

Either way, I have never needed to contact Upwork about any of them. If a freelancer doesn't meet my standards, I can:
- fire them

- leave honest, appropriate feedback

- decide to never work with them again

I don't need Upwork Customer Support's help to do any of that.

Yes, but the OP doesn't want to do the things you are mentioning above.   So therefore they need to contact support as they are trying to file a report. 

I also have hired 44 freelancers, mostly good and if they were not i endded the contract and moved on ! My last experience is terrible. The freelancer in the developer after did not comply and deliver on the task that he promised to get the job. I and the contracts he had access to my server, which to improve he illegally after the contract has ended without my permission, going to make the server and casued damageds!  This is anything but professional

Latest Articles
Learning Paths