cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP!!! Why is it so hard to do what I need to on here???

lesleyodonnell
Lesley O Member Since: Dec 3, 2015
1 of 2

Apologies for the ranty introduction, but this service is driving me nuts!

I've had an error message pop up to say there was a problem with my billing method when I tried to hire a contractor, preventing me from completing the hire. We use PayPal and the account is validated and appears in the Billing Methods list (although I can't click on it to check the details... what's that about??), so I can't see any problem with my billing method and there's no more detail provided.

Yesterday it had the same problem and I later discovered it's because it was trying to charge a card that was no longer even linked to my account and deleted from the Billing Methods list.

I can't find anything useful in help & support, and where in the name of all that is holy is the option to just send an email or something to get someone to look into this and tell me what's going wrong? This is the last in a series of, to my mind, unnecessary stumbling blocks to try and get this contract set up. Thank God our contractor is happy to work on good grace for now because it's taking forever to do what should be a really simple thing.

Any ideas people??

Signed,

Dememted Client

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
2 of 2

Hi Lesley,

I am sorry about the confusion. In order for PayPal to work as a payment method, it has to be verified and have at least one valid funding source linked to it. Here is more information about that and here is some information about controlling the funding source that PayPal uses when Upwork charges you.

Please, let us know if you have any additional questions.

~ Valeria
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS