cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to recover lost work or money?

Evan S Member Since: Jul 15, 2017
1 of 4

Hi!

I'm in a bit of a sitution. I've paid my freelancer roughly $5k and have only recieved a small portion of the work he performed.. I actually have him on record in your messages saying he hadn't deployed it as recently as last week. I've had multiple disputes with him and consistently tried to work out moving forward togther but he keeps dissapearing. 

What are my options?

Look forward to hearing back from you!

Thanks,

E

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
2 of 4

Evan: You need to fire your Project Manager.

It is the Project Manager's job to make sure you don't waste money. It is the Project Manager's job to secure source code and all work product on a regular basis.

Your Project Manager has clearly not been doing this.

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
3 of 4

re: "What are my options?"

For recovering money?

None, really.

For recovering work?

Your option is to talk to the freelancer and have him send you all the source code and work files he has created thus far.

Whether or not he cooporates is up to him. Maybe he has already sent you all files, but has produced less than you thought.

You should not be working with this freelancer any more. You already know that. Had your project manager been doing her job, she would have ended the contract with this freelancer a long time ago.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
4 of 4

Hi Evan,

Sorry to hear you've had issues working with a freelancer. One of our agents will reach out to you directly for more details and will provide information about available options.

~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS