cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have canceled job by mistake instead of "job complete" reason. How to fix that?

Aleksei D Member Since: Aug 3, 2017
1 of 13

I ended the contract with freelancer because the project was competed but by my fault I put the reason of ending the contract as "Job canceled for other reason". Can I fix this somehow? 

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 13

@Aleksei D wrote:

I ended the contract with freelancer because the project was competed but by my fault I put the reason of ending the contract as "Job canceled for other reason". Can I fix this somehow? 

Did you pay and leave good feedback?

3 of 13

Yes I left a good feedback and I paid everything except last hour he worked on the project. It's on his report but as far as I understand this was not paid yet.

Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
4 of 13

Hi Aleksei, 

Unfortunately, we are not able to change the close reason. However, the feedback left for the freelancer is what is most important when closing the job- the close reason does not affect that. 

Untitled
5 of 13

But I'm afraid that this mistake can affect his JSS and I don't want this. I very appreciate his work.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
6 of 13

Aleksei,

The reason you selected when closing the contract will not affect freelancer's JSS negatively. 

~ Valeria
Untitled
Kenny D Member Since: Aug 6, 2017
7 of 13

Hi, Valeria.

I am Kenny worked with Aleksei as a freelancer.

I appreciate your interest.

Just hope you have a nice weekend.

But unfortunately, I had bad news, my JSS  is 75% after ended contract with Aleksei.

On this contract, I have worked hard and track time honestly.
You mentioned reason closing contract will not affect freelancer's JSS negatively but IMO, it's not so or JSS program doesn't work as you mentioned.

Seeing is believing! I only accept reality.

If you are right, please fix this problem why I got low JSS and let me credit your relation.

Happy Sunday!

~Kenny

8 of 13

Wow. It's absolutly unfair and groundlessly. Why the closed contract affect the freelancer's score? I have checked all 5 stars and gave him the best score at the closing process and I do not understand the logic of Upwork.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
9 of 13

@Aleksei D wrote:

Wow. It's absolutly unfair and groundlessly. Why the closed contract affect the freelancer's score? I have checked all 5 stars and gave him the best score at the closing process and I do not understand the logic of Upwork.

What makes you believe it was THIS contract which caused the poor JSS?

Kenny D Member Since: Aug 6, 2017
10 of 13

I have complete every contract with high quality and fast delivery.

So every client satisfies my results and got stellar reputations with rich impression.

Like the preceding, I have worked hard with Aleksei honestly and he also expressed perfect score for me.

I have never been thinking about client's oygenning and 100% sure they got a keen satisfaction as they left great feedback.

But why should I get low JSS?

I really can't understand about getting low JSS and bad rap.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS