cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live Chat

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
11 of 25

Hi Michael,

I see you have been able to reach support today successfully and already received reply from the agent. 

On the Help Center page you can:

- Access your Requests and communicate with the team:

Screenshot_26.png

- You can also click Get Help from Upwork link and follow the steps to access available help.

Screenshot_27.png

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
12 of 25

@Preston H wrote:

Michael: what you are seeing is a technical issue

Really? What technical issue?

Community Guru
13 of 25

@Michael H wrote:

As far as I can tell there is no help anymore on this site.  I have been looking for a week.

you need to follow all the steps that come after "Get Help from Upwork" - that will eventually get you to the window where you can choose your Support options.

contact support.jpg

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
14 of 25

re: "Really? What technical issue?"

When Upwork intends for Customer Support options to show up in a certain place for given users, and the ability to reach those options or view those options does not actually show up for those intended users, then it is a technical issue. Not a policy.

I have seen it myself.

I have seen two different things going on during the past couple weeks. Michael may be seeing either one of these things:

- the link to get to the Customer Support page (including ticket-based support) simply does not appear, even when logged in as a client or a Top Rated freelancer

- the Customer Support page itself has recently been changed so much that it appears (especially to somebody accustomed to the way it looked previously) to have no way to contact phone or chat support

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
15 of 25

Preston,

There are no technical issues with the Help Center. Please, avoid sharing incorrect information.

The way users access support options have recently been changed. Our goal with this change is to help users resolve their issues in the fastest way possible. With this flow, users will be selecting the options that best describe their use of the site and the question(s) they have. We can then show the best "self-help" options we have available for these questions or get them to our support agents for help. It may take some getting used to, but we're confident this will improve the overall user experience.

I also hope you will appreciate the new flow as directs users to check help articles and Community threads related to their quiestions, which is something you've always advocated in your posts.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
16 of 25

As Preston says ... they've changed things up a bit.

The links that could be seen immediately under the ? icon now take a little bit of doing to find. I thought they had gotten rid of everything, until I answered all the successive questions and finally got to where I needed to be. I guess I can understand why they might have done this.

Community Guru
17 of 25

@Preston H wrote:

- the Customer Support page itself has recently been changed so much that it appears (especially to somebody accustomed to the way it looked previously) to have no way to contact phone or chat support

That is not a "technical issue" - it is a user experience issue. If Michael bothered to follow the full flow (which is designed to route the issue to the right people first time) to the end he would see the support options including both Chat and Phone Number.

Michael H Member Since: Jan 21, 2017
18 of 25

Well, its been about a week of trying to find somone to help resolve a refund question I have.  As a client, I am finding Upwork not very helpful.  They do not post a phone number for support.  They do not post an email for support.  They do not post live chat for support.  Instead, I am directed to this community section where I guess other members with past experiences might be able to help.  

The "question mark" at the top of my log in/home screen is ironic becasue every time I look at it I think to myself "Why should I click you?  You do not help in any meaningful way....at least as it relates to my specific question."  

Does anyone have any thoughts about 1.  how to get live support or 2.  any ideas on where I can find a support email so I can at least let someone know about the issues I am having?

Thanks in advance for your thoughtful responses.

Mike

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
19 of 25

This Community Forum is a good place to let Upwork know about the issues you are having.

There is no way for anybody to provide a phone number, URL, or email address for customer support here in the Forum, because those things are automatically deleted.

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
20 of 25

They've linked you like twice in all three (well now three) threads.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS