cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negative feedbacks given to Freelancer should be publicly visible

Arda T Member Since: Jun 12, 2016
1 of 3

I noticed a very major problem of Upwork when rating is calculated for the job success score of Freelancer.

As a client, I have posted a job for 3 times on 3 different freelancers, all those there freelancers was not reliable at the end even though they have been committed that they will meet all the needs of project in terms of skill-set, communication and deadline.

I have given negative feedback in the end contract form but this feedback is not visible to public who will review the profile of this freelancer which seem  he/she is fully successful and reliable resource.

So how we are going to select reliable freelancers? In all those cases we shared the existing commercial source codes of our projects with freelancers, so our intellectual property has been shared unnecessarily with those people. Upwork have to establish a healthy sanction mechanism so that clients can select reliable resources to complete jobs with successful results.   

Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
2 of 3

If money was paid, the feedback and rating shows up on the freelancer's profile, maximum 14 days after the job is closed.

If the job is never closed or if no money was paid, the feedback won't show.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
3 of 3

Arda, this is an easy one. The way you want things to work... This is already how it works.

So chalk this one up in the "win" column. You have nothing to worry about.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS