cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended developers

Saraswathy D Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
1 of 5

I have no idea how does this system works. We need a Wordpress developer and posted the job. Upwork showing some recommended wordpress developers , when I gone through their profile they have not even worked on signle project on upwork. Not only wordpress they have not even started any work.

Checked another profile ( Upwork recommended top 10 ) , he didnt even passed Wordpress test, he failed .

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
2 of 5

Hi Saraswathy,

Thank you for sharing your feedback about the recommended freelancers. I am going to forward it to the team.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Pavel B Member Since: Sep 23, 2015
3 of 5

Hello, Saraswathy.

Could you provide the link to your job post please?

As far as I know those "Recommended developers" are the top 10 from the search results for your job title and requirements. It looks like the problem is about the whole freelancer search algorythm.

Kevin M Member Since: Sep 15, 2015
4 of 5

This silliness is still happening - the "recommended" is useless.  I just posted a new job, and the "recommended" freelancers had ZERO hours experience, and their profiles didn't even mention the type of work I wanted to have done.  I'm guessing the freelancers can somehow pay to promote themselves, but it adds zero (actually, negative) value to the job poster.

Community Guru
Katrina B Member Since: Jan 9, 2011
5 of 5

I am on the freelance side of things and I can completely understand your frustrations.  This has been a long talked about issue.  But I just wanted to point out that we cannot pay to promote ourselves.  I don't know how the algorithm works on the recommended freelancers but I do think they rotate people in and out because so many people were saying it was not "fair" to new people. 

@Kevin M wrote:

This silliness is still happening - the "recommended" is useless.  I just posted a new job, and the "recommended" freelancers had ZERO hours experience, and their profiles didn't even mention the type of work I wanted to have done.  I'm guessing the freelancers can somehow pay to promote themselves, but it adds zero (actually, negative) value to the job poster.

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS