🐈
» Forums » Clients » Refund from Escrow
Page options
20ae298e
Community Member

Refund from Escrow

Hi: I'm looking to get a refund from Escrow. I cancelled the project and under my "Reports -> Transaction History" I noticed Upwork has generated a refund invoice (456809628). Will my credit card just get automaitcally refunded? or is there soemthing else I need to do. No funds went to a worker.

BTW: Just a note - the help docs indicate that you need to go to "My Jobs", select the options ellipsis then choose "End contract". That option doesn't exist in my portal. Maybe because I already canceled the job. Anyway, if you could clarify this for me it would be appreciated. Cheers, Dave

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

That is correct, Dave. 

Escrow refunds will be returned to the billing method you used for the deposit. The credit can take up to five business days to appear.

It sounds like you accessed the help article for freelancers. On this page, you can click the "I'm a client" button before searching in Upwork Help or to access the articles for clients. You may check more information here on how you can end your contract as a client on Upwork. 

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

That is correct, Dave. 

Escrow refunds will be returned to the billing method you used for the deposit. The credit can take up to five business days to appear.

It sounds like you accessed the help article for freelancers. On this page, you can click the "I'm a client" button before searching in Upwork Help or to access the articles for clients. You may check more information here on how you can end your contract as a client on Upwork. 

~ Avery
Upwork
7071a1c6
Community Member

Hi, I made a funded a mile stone via my debit card and sent the offer to a freelancer. Soon after, the offer was declined  and i was told the amount would be refunded back to my credit card. The transaction was done on the 13th of this month and i am yet to receive anything till now. 

I contacted my bank and was told refund wasn't made yet. I was told to request an ARN. How do i do this?

Hi Gabriel,

I'm sorry to hear you haven't received your funds yet. A Customer Support Team member has reached out to you through this support ticket to assist you further with your concern.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths