cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The hiring process

Mike L Member Since: Jun 12, 2016
1 of 2

I'm a pretty smart guy, but the UI is not making sense to me.

I hired someone a year ago and had a successful engagement. When I went to post a new job recently, I was notified that I had not provided feedback on that job. I cannot find a way to provide feedback on that job. Is it too late?

I posted a new job. I hired the person and they began work. Meanwhile new applicants are coming in. When I look at my job and the developer I chose, it prompts me to 'make an offer.'  Why? I thought I had made an offer.

I am also disappointed in that it is not clear to me how to get an offer. I can propose a fixed price job or I can propose an hourly job.  If I mark the job as hourly, do developers come back with firm offers? Or is it an open-ended project?  How do you 'ask' the pool of developers to quote a fixed price job for a project?

Thanks.

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
2 of 2

Hi Mike,

I see you've already hired one freelancer for the job you posted recently and sent an offer to another. I checked and couldn't find any other jobs that you posted before on Upwork, so is it possible that you are referring to one of your Elance jobs?

Also, I see you posted duplicate jobs so it's possible that you're looking at a different freelancer you can make an offer to, since that option is not available for the freelancer you hired.

You can communicate with your freelancer prior to making them an offer, and agree on the type of job and rate for the contract.

Let me know if you have any questions or need assistance with navigating our platform. Please visit our Hiring Headquarters where you can find additional information and best practice advice for clients hiring on Upwork.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS