cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UpWork Reimbursement

Jake M Member Since: Jun 11, 2016
1 of 4
I have a freelancer that I've been working with the past 8 months. We're at a point where no physical product has been supplied but there has been work done on the project, 100+ hours. If the freelancer never provides a product and is over the quoted hours for the project will Upwork help resolve this issue, provide a refund for what has been paid vs. the work that has been done if the freelancer refuses to refund or complete the project for no additional pay over what was quoted?
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 4

You can only dispute work for the last week's hours. When you hire someone on an hourly basis, you pay for the time spent working, not any specific deliverable.

@Jake M wrote:
I have a freelancer that I've been working with the past 8 months. We're at a point where no physical product has been supplied but there has been work done on the project, 100+ hours.

Why would you let something drag on for 8 months without seeing any result?

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
3 of 4

Hi Jake,

Please take a look at our Hourly Protection program and check in with Customer Support if you need further information or would like to share specific contract details.

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
4 of 4

Jake:

I'm very sorry that you have had a bad experience Upwork.

But absolutely none of what you are describing you think Upwork might do to resolve this is any way based on anything that Upwork claims to do.

100 hours is a LOT of hours to pay for without receiving anything.

I strongly advise you to work with a qualified project manager.

A project manager to whom your freelancer(s) report to would have been able to tell you after only an hour or two if this particular freelancer is legitimate or a scammer.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS