🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » An Idea for Upwork
Page options
sheheryarkazi
Community Member

An Idea for Upwork

Well, I have this idea - what if Upwork, charges fee for lets say VIP clients, where they can upload their files that are huge on a personal data base of Upwork and the freelancers can download those files from there. This would I guess save the hurdle for clients and also freelancers to buying  membership of different platforms.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
2a05aa63
Community Member

Sheheryar K wrote:

Well, I have this idea - what if Upwork, charges fee for lets say VIP clients, where they can upload their files that are huge on a personal data base of Upwork and the freelancers can download those files from there. This would I guess save the hurdle for clients and also freelancers to buying  membership of different platforms.

That service wouldn't be free if they add it. It surely would be worse and more expensive than any existing service, many of which give you free space, to begin with, like google drive 15 GB.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
prestonhunter
Community Member

Upwork isn't a file transfer tool.

There are excellent, dedicated tools that are easy to use.

FTP, Dropbox, Google Drive, WeTransfer, iCloud, iDrive, Microsoft One Drive, AWS, and so many others.

I don't have any need whatsoever for Upwork to try to be something it is not, when there are easy ways to meet this exact need.

2a05aa63
Community Member

Sheheryar K wrote:

That service wouldn't be free if they add it. It surely would be worse and more expensive than any existing service, many of which give you free space, to begin with, like google drive 15 GB.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths