Page options
e21fac3b
Community Member

Community Leader

How to be a Community Leader

25 REPLIES 25
moonraker
Community Member

The only requirement that I know of is to make a certain number of posts.

And sacrificing a virgin.

I have no desire to be sacrificed, thank you.

lol good one! 

nyonomega0
Community Member

30 or so posts = Ace Contributor (Benefits - A one-time bonus of 200 connects)

80 or so posts = Community Leader (Benefits - Your JSS can't go below 90% in any case, unlimited connects, an Upwork mug)

155 posts = Community Guru (Benefits - Your JSS can't go below 95% in any case, Unlimited connects, A top-rated badge (blue for boys and pink for girls), and an Upwork branded kitten as a pet)

Nice! I'm not going to comment since I'll be looking out for people asking when their mugs arrive and how they can return the pets. 

Still no mug! Thanks for rubbing salt in the wound.

When will my mug arrive:)?  I need a new one.

They'll probably send you mine.

@peter.  That sounds good.  I need a nice new mug:)

Hilarious 🤣🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

Sushant B wrote:

30 or so posts = Ace Contributor (Benefits - A one-time bonus of 200 connects)

80 or so posts = Community Leader (Benefits - Your JSS can't go below 90% in any case, unlimited connects, an Upwork mug)

155 posts = Community Guru (Benefits - Your JSS can't go below 95% in any case, Unlimited connects, A top-rated badge (blue for boys and pink for girls), and an Upwork branded kitten as a pet)

As people often remark, we should be careful not to give Upwork ideas. They have a history of the oddest interpretive responses to our discussions. I would hate to think some poor Upminion has been assigned to check Amazon for cost and availability of kitten branding irons.

Whoa now, you think we can afford irons?  We're looking into Upwork branded sporks. 

How did I go from Community Leader to Member?  Scratching head;)

I'm sure if you pay enough connects, you can get the situaiton rectified. 😀

Nicole H wrote:

I'm sure if you pay enough connects, you can get the situaiton rectified. 😀

Noooooooo! Don't give them any ideas what else they could monetize!

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Are you ready for the responsibility? 

prestonhunter
Community Member

Mazharul Islam:
Forum participants often joke around about the designations that the Community Forum attaches to our names.

To answer your question:
The designation "Community Leader" or "Guru" and the others are simply attached to our names based on how many posts we have made. It is automatic. It is part of the system.

We do not actually receive any benefits for being a "Community Leader" or "Guru" or anything.

I wish they would throw "Community Viceroy" into the mix.

Preston H wrote:

To answer your question:
The designation "Community Leader" or "Guru" and the others are simply attached to our names based on how many posts we have made. It is automatic. It is part of the system.

I thought you had to wait for an old Community Guru to die to get promoted to that level. I was afraid someone would bump me off just to get my coveted job.

StanG
Community Manager
Community Manager

This topic will not age well. I'm going to predict that now. 🤐

roberty1y
Community Member

I don't like the sound of that - looks like the old Community Gurus will be guillotined and a new order put in place.

"Old Community Gurus Never Die, They Just Fade Away"

Robert Y wrote:

I don't like the sound of that - looks like the old Community Gurus will be guillotined and a new order put in place.

Dare one hope for abolition of the forum ranks? We could absolve ourselves of charges of appropriation—whether cultural or phylogenetic—and live out our days in peace like normal people, relying on naked post and follower appreciation counts for our self-esteem.

Ranking is, frankly, rank.

ashrafkhan81
Community Member

It is with great displeasure that I have to inform you that your dream of becoming a Community Leader can never be realized now! 

However, you can now try Velociraptor or Brontosaurus!

But there is also a possibility all of this could be some fun activity or some test and you may be able to move toward becoming Community Leader...

colettelewis
Community Member

Yup, we have retrogressed to darker times - before the Big Bang - or asteroid - or whatever. The real point is that dinosaurs and all the other "..aurs/ors" are extinct. Not a good omen for either Upwork or freelancers. 

Latest Articles
Learning Paths