🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Funniest video on this planet for Writers.
Page options
bizwriterjohn
Community Member

Funniest video on this planet for Writers.

Sent courteously to me by my 2020 mentee.  And they say mentees don't have a sense of humor because we push them so hard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Gv0H-vPoDc.

John.

9 REPLIES 9
varungs
Community Member

John B wrote:

Sent courteously to me by my 2020 mentee.  And they say mentees don't have a sense of humor because we push them so hard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Gv0H-vPoDc.

John.

Actually, nobody says that. It is very likely that you are the first person to have said that in the history of the Internet. Don't make stuff up.

https://lmgtfy.com/?q=%22mentees+don%27t+have+a+sense+of+humor+because+we+push+them+so+hard%22

One solitary Google search result for the phrase "mentees don't have a sense of humor" (your post).

kfarnell
Community Member

I still keep reading 'mentee' as 'manatee' which gives an interesting picture. 

But I'd have a protégé if I decided to do such a thing.

I can not name it here in the Forum, but you can search for it: there is a website where you hire actual manatees and sea cows to do more basic writing tasks, such as blogging and product reviews. Amazonian manatees wrote so many fake product reviews for one particular online retail site that it eventually sued them.

Preston H wrote:

I can not name it here in the Forum, but you can search for it: there is a website where you hire actual manatees and sea cows to do more basic writing tasks, such as blogging and product reviews. Amazonian manatees wrote so many fake product reviews for one particular online retail site that it eventually sued them.

Are you a fan of South Park, by any chance?

Preston H wrote:

...and the owners of the website/agency that managed them. 

lysis10
Community Member

Kim F wrote:

I still keep reading 'mentee' as 'manatee' which gives an interesting picture. 

But I'd have a protégé if I decided to do such a thing.

lmao I actually see the same.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

One of my rich experiences when I lived on a sailboat in Key West, 2014 to 2018 -- we had a manatee who liked to swim up in the dock area.  This creature was huge.  Seven or so feet long, four feet wide.  Cute little face with whiskers.

We were always sad, because the body showed scars of propeller marks.  That was heartbreaking.  But "Al" was healthy.

Here's the inside scoop.  When you have a manatee as a mentee, they like to drink fresh water.  So get your dock hose out, squirt fresh water into the dock water (sea water) - and the manatee may swim right up to have a drink - just a few feet away.

Then we learned (roughly so) from Florida Wildlife and Fisheries -- that "watering" a manatee was actually against the law, as it encourages them to approach boats.  So no more of that.

There are always so many rules with manatee mentees.  I guess in the end, I try to make sure my mentee makes it through his career without any scars.

It was irony.  I thought that would be obvious.  That's point of view one.

Point of view two:  my sense is no one else out here has taken the steps to adopt a newcomer, provide stable, programmatic mentorship, and in essence have a "mentee".  Hence the only "they" and "we" out here that this would apply to is "me".  The plural indicates I was just having fun with words.  Confusing, but irony abounds. 

Obviously we are having fun.

jokerette
Community Member

You now owe me a screen-cleaning 😄 ROFL that was great!

Latest Articles
Learning Paths