cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have you worked for famous clients before?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Hanna N Member Since: Jun 17, 2015
21 of 25

I have not freelanced for famous clients, but I did an internship for a music & event production company where one of the co-founders turned out to be a lead singer of a rather well known Finnish band. Of course, this being Finland, the fame is not really at the same level as say, America, but I was once pulled aside by the co-founder of the company to have a discussion like this.

Me: "Ok, so what did you want to talk to me about?"

co-founder: "I heard you're going out for drinks & karaoke with (him) tonight?"

Me (slighty confused): "...Yes, me and some others as well"

co-founder: "Yeah, that's fine, but could you do me a favour?"

Me (still confused): "Yeah sure, what do you need?"

co-founder: "Can you just look after him and make sure nobody tries to spike his drink? Last time someone drugged him and tried to take him somewhere. Some of the fans are crazy - if you see a girl with the bands logo (note: which is modeled from the singer's face) tattood on her arm, switch bars, please."

Woman Surprised 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Fergus M Member Since: May 23, 2015
22 of 25

Some Finnish bands are pretty well known. Nightwish, for example.

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.― George Orwell
Highlighted
Community Guru
Hanna N Member Since: Jun 17, 2015
23 of 25

Fergus, by any chance, do you happen to be a metal music fan?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Fergus M Member Since: May 23, 2015
24 of 25

I may occasionally listen to the odd song which has a vaguely metallic look in the right light, yes.

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.― George Orwell
Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
25 of 25

This is a great thread and it's nice to hear about your experiences with famous clients. We would like to hear more about interesting projects you guys had and interesting people you had a chance to work with during your freelancing careers. 

I would like to ask you to avoid sharing names of individuals for privacy reasons. Thank you for understanding.

~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS