cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestion: Use the connects to boost your name on top of the list.

deadlydragon00
Ace Contributor
Elmar Rhex G Member Since: Jul 18, 2015
1 of 6

I know not all people spend their connect(s) and it turns out that remaining connects become useless and then again the possibility of getting a job offer is very LOW , what if connects are usable for boosting your name in the list. The more connects you sacrifice the better boost you will get.

Scenario:

Job seeker premium benefit 2.PNG

Image is owned by Linkedin. 

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
2 of 6

Today, I've decided to blow through 120 connects and Ima just post this as my proposal

hammertime.gif

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
BEST ANSWER
3 of 6

Kudos to Elmar for thinking outside the box.

I know there are things a bit like this on other platforms, where people can pay money to boost the prominence of their job applications... And I hate that...

But I actually don't hate this idea.

With an understanding that contractors should really not be paying for connects... if a contractor is willing to sacrifice double the connects needed because they don't apply to so many jobs, and they REALLY think this particular job is a good fit... Then I don't see how this would be a bad thing.

You still can't buy your way into getting a job if a client doesn't want to hire you... But if you want to apply to half as many jobs, but make yourself a bit more prominently featured in a client's job applicant feed... I don't see how that would be unfair or harmful to the overall system.

There's not a snowball's chance in heck of this actually getting implemented, and I'm sure a LOT of people will hate the idea. But it's interesting to think about.

View solution in original post

novikovma
Ace Contributor
Mikhail N Member Since: Jul 18, 2015
4 of 6

I honestly can't get an idea how can you blow through all the connects and still lack work... I hardly ever spent even 20% of the allotment. You should do a better job of writing cover letters IMO, it's not about connects that make finding clients difficult to you.

yitwail
Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
5 of 6

Preston wrote, "There's not a snowball's chance in heck of this actually getting implemented, and I'm sure a LOT of people will hate the idea. But it's interesting to think about."

Here's another idea with no chance of being adopted--autohide insurance. Spend an extra connect or 2 and Upwork guarantees it will not autohide your application.

Michael Z Member Since: Jul 19, 2015
6 of 6

As above poster said: 

Even for someone relatively new to Upwork and who is into the most "active" part of upwork (web/mobile app creation) I find it relatively easy to get a "good" job and several "medicore" jobs in a month.  

I always make sure that IF someone reads my conver letter and view my profile,  they will want to interview me.  I myself would not dislike this feature being added, but I still wouldn't utilize it.  It means I would simply go for jobs later in the month, when most people are low on connects.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS