cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Top Solution Authors

Community Guru
Natacha R Member Since: Aug 2, 2010
11 of 17

Garnor can you please stop  removing the best answer? I picked John. What's seems to be the problem? This is the second time I have to click on best answer.

Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
12 of 17

Hmmmm. My best answer from another thread mysteriously disappeared today as well. Are the votes for best answer being vetted now?

Community Guru
Garnor M Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
13 of 17

Hi Natasha,

As moderators, we do have the ability to remove the "Best Solution" in cases where it's used inappropriately. That's the situation here. The feature is intended for cases where a response by the Community helps resolve a concern/questions. Please be considerate of this and our guidelines and avoid abusing this feature. 

Community Guru
Natasa M Member Since: May 8, 2014
14 of 17

With all due respect Garnor, I do not see how John's post can be construed as inappropriate.

Natasha's topic is in coffee break section and the question itself  is :Who wants to be a top solution author?

This is an open -ended question with no appropriate answer actually; it is intended that posters share their opinions on this topic and there is no right or wrong answer in this case-just sharing the different points of view. The OP ( Natasha) should be entitled to chose whomever she likes as the best answer. It is not the question about oDesk rules or regulations and the answer is not wrong or inappropriate in any way.

Highlighted
Community Leader
Manoj Kumar P Member Since: Nov 12, 2014
15 of 17

Proverb - "The best solution seldom requires that someone be right and someone else be wrong"

Community Guru
Natacha R Member Since: Aug 2, 2010
16 of 17

Hi Garnor,

Can you please tell me where does it say that picking the best answer is considered abusing the feature and not being considered to the guidelines? Does this mean that from now on I should request your approval before choosing the best answer? I thought it was the OP that could pick any answer. Moreover, this is the coffee forum, so why does it matter who we choose? It’s actually funny, top solution author for a coffee forumSmiley Very Happy

I have the right to choose John’s answer. Please be considerate to community members, and don’t abuse your moderator privileges.

Community Guru
Ronald T Member Since: Sep 14, 2009
17 of 17

WOW! A shot right over the bow! And a demotion to moderator...lol....

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS