cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vacation Time!

Community Guru
Junelle A Member Since: May 31, 2009
21 of 48
i'm sure they'll miss you, but you deserve to have some fun. ride on! Smiley Very Happy out of curiosity, how fast in mph do you usually go?
"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain." - Maya Angelou
Try harder, or care less.
Community Guru
Joseph C Member Since: Nov 5, 2011
22 of 48
depends on the road really. Highways and such, the speed limit as long as it is not what i consider outrageous for my bike... I will not do 75mph, even if the speed limit is 75mph. I like 65 mph. Will get up to 70mph, but just depends. The fastest i have have ever gotten the bike to was 81, as registered by my GPS. My long distance travels on bike have always been with a loaded (heavy) bike, so i just don't rush it. Off highway, there are too many variables to say i travel at any set speed.
Community Guru
23 of 48
Guess I better post some pics. Ride ended early. Not a whole lot of pics to post. Few more coming at some time. Desolate Colorado was down right cold in the mountains at 10,000 feet, and even at 8,000. Wolf Creek Pass had some ice on road. It's at 14,000, I think.
Community Guru
Natacha R Member Since: Aug 2, 2010
24 of 48
[quote=Joseph C.]Guess I better post some pics. Ride ended early. Not a whole lot of pics to post. Few more coming at some time. Desolate [/quote] Links are not clickable.
Community Guru
25 of 48
[quote=Natasha R.][quote=Joseph C.]Guess I better post some pics. Ride ended early. Not a whole lot of pics to post. Few more coming at some time. Desolate [/quote] Links are not clickable.[/quote] don't know what is going on. Entering N.M. Desolate
Community Guru
26 of 48
[quote=Joseph C.]Desolate[/quote] Oh this is dangerous alone. What if something happens?
Community Guru
27 of 48
Being alone out there does not worry me as much as bucking dirt track up the side of a mountain, and then front wheel catching on a rock and throwing me off the side. The right side of that one pic, well you can see how steep it is... This was trying to make it to the top of Ophir Pass. That trail is steeper than the camera shows. I got thrown into the rocks on the left side of trail (baby heads are what they are called) when I got around that curve on up there. Ophir Pass
Community Guru
28 of 48
That's a very nice photo. How many days already?
Community Guru
29 of 48
I am back home. Got too cold, too much traffic, too touristy, stuck up people, not the most friendly people in Colorado. Now going to go to Big Bend, Tx in Oct. (maybe, still thinking about it).
Community Guru
30 of 48
I bet your dogs were so happy to see you Smiley Happy I forgot, how many do you have?
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS