🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » What do they do when they don't have projects...
Page options
jonathancastro39
Community Member

What do they do when they don't have projects?

In my case, I record for my YouTube channel where I teach web development and express my ideas and creativity, or I usually go for walks outdoors.

7 REPLIES 7
williamtcooper
Community Member

Jonathan,

I have had solid new Consultations / Projects for the past six years with no breaks. However, this year I study AI two hours a day between online learning and YouTube videos to keep in-demand skills for clients.

a961425f
Community Member

good question, do what you can, when you can

i however choose not to stress but to be as resilient as i can

petrameb
Community Member

1. Look if my tomatoes have finally turned red (they've been green for three weeks now. It's either too hot, too cold or too wet, but I still check around 10 times a day).

2. Steal the neighbour's dog for a walk (not sure if it's called stealing, kidnapping or unlawful borrowing in a legal context. I start walking out the gate and she just follows. Two hours later we split team and go to our respective homes).

3. Watch German crime shows online - which is serious research in my case. I translate to and from German, but never really practice it (I'm a German native) as I live in France among a British community.

4. Look up recipes from people with a far greater culinary imagination than mine. I always eat the same 10 dishes, but am open for suggestions. Whenever I find something new, I adjust the ingredients to whatever I have in the fridge - and end up with just another one of my 10 regular dishes.

5. Daydream about getting the Pulitzer Prize, the Booker, the Oscars etc. all at once. But before I actually can start working on that one, another project comes in and I have to earn money, after all...

luce-neidert
Community Member

These are the things I particularly enjoy doing.

1. Look at my plants, check how they're doing.

2. Go for a walk or a bicycle ride.

3. Practice dancing.

4. Practice playing bridge.

5. Practice my new hobby, playing the maraccas. This is really cool and relaxing. If anyone has nice songs to play maraccas with, please give me the titles. Particularly South American music.

Learning Bridge is on my bucket list! (But I'm a fearsome Canasta-player).

Cool! I used to play Canasta with my friends for hours, when I was little, now I don't even remember how to play. I would love to start again.

Bridge is a wonderful game, but it's hard to learn, particularly if you are like me terrible at memorizing numbers, at simple calculus, at concentrating. But it's a lot of fun.

Have you found a place where you could take lessons where you are? Here, I've been taking classes forever and still need to learn and memorize tons of things!

cartrellhampton
Community Member

I catch up on a side project to add to my portfolio.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths