🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Why is life so unfair?
Page options
3a5c5db6
Community Member

Why is life so unfair?

Hello, I have been working as a freelancer on Upwork since late 2022. I had another account in 2013 or 2014 (on Odesk) before it came named Upwork, where I worked and achieved rising talent status. I was frequently approached by clients for work. However, my account was blocked and blacklisted. I didn't quite understand the reason behind it. I tried contacting customer support several times, but the response was always, "Your account will not be reactivated." I was truly saddened and frustrated to have lost an account that was on a promising path. In 2022, I attempted to open another account (the current one), but I haven't been fortunate enough to receive many interview invitations. It pains me because I know I am a highly competent individual, and on my previous account Odesk wich be beco, I had received nothing but positive feedback.

Do you have any tips for me to secure long-term job opportunities? 

7 REPLIES 7
bf97c28c
Community Member

Hi Yasmine, your story is so sad. Nevertheless, your profile is ''Not public''. Change your status to Public, so it will become visible. This step helps other freelancers estimate your profile for today's rules of working.

Time to check out the other freelance job platforms, I guess.

the-right-writer
Community Member

So, Upwork removed you from the platform, and you returned to make a profile under another name? You need to understand what rules were broken before it happens again. If you were at rising talent, you probably didn't have much job experience on the platform. Upwork doesn't kick you out without good reason and a serious violation of their Terms of Service.

If you are permanently removed, you aren't supposed to be able to come back. However, it seems to happen all the time, even with fraudulent clients.

2a05aa63
Community Member

It's prohibited to have two accounts, especially if you got banned on your first one. 

williamtcooper
Community Member

Yasmine,

Click the Academy link on the top of this page for how to best use Upwork and for success tips.

Her first account was banned and she created a second one. She should no longer be using Upwork.

Profile is still there.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths