🐈
» Community » FAQs » Badge Program FAQs
Page options

Badge Program FAQs

What are badges? So glad you asked! Badges are a fun new way to celebrate all you do in Community. You can find them on your profile, casually link them to all your friends, and show off just how incredible you are. 

How do I view my badges? For a fast return, you can click this link and head to your My Badges page. To navigate when you don't have the link readily available, head over to your profile page in Community, select the badging page option, and view all of your achievements! You can also view badges you haven’t earned yet and what you need to do to earn them! 

How many badges can I earn? Currently, we have 75+ badges that are available to earn! We can’t wait to keep adding new ways to celebrate community members. Types of badges include achievement, Academy, event, identity, and special occasion.  

How can I earn my next badge? We love that you are ready to jump in! Head over to your badging page (found in your profile) and hover over any grayed-out badge to learn what you need to do to earn it.

What’s up with the grayed-out badges? So glad you asked! The grayed-out badges are badges you have not earned yet — but if you hover over them, you can learn what you need to do to earn them!

How long will the badge stay on my profile? Just like one of the greats once said, forever isn’t long enough. So forever... it will stay on your page until the end of time.

Once a badge is achieved, can it be lost if I take a break? Nope! Once you earn it, it is yours!

Can more than one badge be displayed at the same time? Your two most recent badges will be displayed on your community profile page. However, all earned and unearned badges are displayed on the badging page, which can be accessed through your profile.

Can I choose which badge is displayed? Your community profile page will display your two most recently earned badges. However, you can view your badges on your personal badging page.

Do badges show up on my community profile page? Yes! How else would the Community know about all of your extraordinary achievements? All badges can be seen on the badging page, accessed from your profile.

Am I receiving badges for all of my previous engagements? Absolutely you are! We think your contributions are important and want to ensure you are rewarded for them. 

When I earn a badge, do I get Connects? No, but you do get awesome points from the community team, which exchanges at the same rate of Stanley nickels to Schrute bucks.

Can I unsubscribe from badge email notifications? Of course, we understand how notifications can get a bit much! Head to your subscriptions, a drop-down under your profile photo, from there notification settings, and once there, scroll down about halfway and see badges I earn. To never see any notifications, simply select never from the drop-down menu to the right. 

Are these emails legitimate? Yes! If you received an email from donotreply@community.upwork.com regarding our exciting new chapter celebrating you, our most favorite member — then yes, it is legitimate!

Can I opt out of badging? Nope, we believe in celebrating everyone! However, you are more than welcome to unsubscribe from all notifications, so it’s like they aren’t even there, except on your profile, where proof of your greatness remains forever. 

Why is this necessary? It may not be for everybody, and that’s okay. However, badges and achievements are a part of many communities and are a way to celebrate your engagement and activity within Community.