🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » $2M Earned on Upwork. I would love to HELP!
Page options
virtualbrix
Community Member

$2M Earned on Upwork. I would love to HELP!

Hey Everyone,

I posted this in the newbie group. I can answer newbie questions there,

I can help answer more advanced questions here, I would love to help my fellow freelancers : )

I have been on upwork for 12 years now (previously elance),

I have been on the forums for a couple years but never really participated much,

I figured, what better way than to help others, ask away, some stats below (you can also click to see my profile)

👉 Earned $2 Million+ on Upwork.
👉 Completed 400+ jobs on freelance platforms.
👉 Attained 200+ 5-star reviews.
👉 Worked 40,000+ hours on freelance platforms
👉 Earned a 100% Feedback Rating
👉 Worked with 1,000+ Clients

Thank You - Sam

2,069 REPLIES 2,069
b85cd295
Community Member

Hello Samer,

Could you please review my profile?

Hey Akhif,

Can I have a look in the next couple of days.

Hey Akhif,

I hope all is fine, i had a quick look and here is what I think:

1. Great Review / JSS and Reputation.

2. I would add a video if you can, it makes it more personable.

3. Add more items to your protfolio

4. To much spacing in your description (to many empty lines)

skdipto550
Community Member

Could you look at my profile and suggest what can be improved?

Hey Forkun, 

You profile is not public, change it to public and let me suggest you what needs to be improved.

Good luck 

Sounds Good!

Yes, make it publicj and we will all help.

Please make profile please

Make it public so we can help.

m_sulaiman_
Community Member

Despite adhering to all guidelines, actively participating in community events, and consistently updating and optimizing my profile, I have experienced a significant decline in project opportunities in recent months. This decline has had a detrimental effect on my financial stability and overall morale.

Can you look at my profile please and let me know what can be done?

I will have a look at your profile in the next 1-2 days.

Hey Muhammad,

I am sorry to hear that, Basically, this can be caused by many reasons, Upwork has changed a lot. Its more about "pay to play" now which means you need to submit a LOT of proposals. I had a quick look at your profile and I see that it mostly looks great. I would recommend the following:

1. when things slow down, try to get smaller clients, do good work and get a great review

2. the above may push you up higher in the algorithm.

3. add more samples of your projects and ideas.

4. continue to do great work. things will get better with time.

9cf3e8dc
Community Member

Hola, como estas

Muchas gracias por el apoyo a los nuevos de esta comunidad

Por favor prodrias revisar mi perfil 

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~019bdf30a02066e53e

To start, your profile must be in English (you must also use English in the forum, otherwise your post will be deleted or edited). And you should take some time to create a proper one, now it's nothing.

You should read these posts, everything, links included:
- https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/To-all-freelancers-looking-for-help/m-p/1230482#M734358

- https://community.upwork.com/t5/Community-Blog/Top-Red-Flags-for-Scams-From-Community-Member-Wes-C/b...

ny-kris
Community Member

ive had 0 work from upwork ive actuley had more work on fiverr ive applyed to over 100 post over the past 3 years, i could use php contracts 

To get someone to hire you, it's best to spend some time creating a profile. What you have now is nothing.
Is the presentation text AI? It seems. A tirade that says nothing.
And take care of your writing, I say this because of the text you have written here.
You can read these posts:
- https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/To-all-freelancers-looking-for-help/m-p/1230482#M734358

- https://community.upwork.com/t5/Community-Blog/Top-Red-Flags-for-Scams-From-Community-Member-Wes-C/b...

Sorry to hear that. I will check out your profile

Hey Kristopher,

I had a quick look at your profile and it looks very raw, I feel you need to do a lot more here to make it better.

-Sam

virtualbrix
Community Member

Thank you for jumping in and helping Maria!

virtualbrix
Community Member

If anyone has any questions or need any help, just reply to this thread and I will do my best!

5ba522ee
Community Member

Dear Samer,

It's our luck having your kind support. Could you please help to review my profile , I intent to focus in Upwork works in forthcoming time.

Thank you in advance and warm Regards

Dong Pham

Hey Dong,

I hope all is fine, I appreciate the kind words. i had a quick look and I feelthat you need to spend more time going through each section to make sure they are filled out and 100% complete. For your introduction, I think it would make sense to make the intro paragraph first and than put a bullet point list of things you are strong with. Try to add a video, certifications, testimonials and other things.

I hope that helps.

Dear Samer ,

I'm appreciated for your prompt advice , I will do accordingly.

Have a great day.

Best Wishes

Dong Pham

Great!

Feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

peterproxy
Community Member

Thanks Samer, for offering to help. Kindly review my profile too and suggest areas I can make improvements if required.

It's been really tough getting jobs despite spending hundreds to thousands of dollars buying connects, boosting proposals, my profile, and my project catalogues, yet I can't secure any job. My proposals are usually well-tailored to the job and I only apply to jobs in my niche.

I don't even receive invites from genuine clients anymore. Only occasional invites from scammers.

What else can I do?

Hey Peter, I will have a look

virtualbrix
Community Member

Hey Peter,

I like your profile. Upwork has turned in to a Pay to Play type platform (as you know by now). The goal is to have a strong profile and than continue to submit jobs (yes, they do require connects - its just the way it is). For the profile, below are some of the suggestions I have:

- I think adding a video may help make you more unique than others.

- I feel that your description has way to much going on, to many icons and so on there.

- The reviews look great, continue to get those, small and large jobs, keep that flow going.

- The portfolio looks good, continue to add those and keep doing a great job there.

- I feel that the images in the project catelog can be a lot better, they don't look very professional.

- Get some additional cerifications if you can, if they are relevant in your industry.

The key is to continue to move forward, work hard and never stop.

virtualbrix
Community Member

If anyone has any additional questions, feel free to ask.

Hi Samer, thanks for wanting to help, I was on upwork for a very short time two years ago, and now I came back a month ago... I started building my profile and educating myself with the intention of staying and making this work for me.  I'm fine knowing that it takes some time and work to be truly successful, but lately I've been a little discouraged reading on the forum some freelancers with good income and badges saying they can't get jobs anymore... Beyond the cost of connects, there seems to be an issue with the way Upwork connects clients and freelancers... you don't seem affected by this... why do you think this is?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members