Please see my answers to your questions below:
- When it says Hires: 1, it means that the client has hired 1 freelancer for this job. It is very likely that the client left the job post open so that he can continue to look into other freelancers' profiles. Sometimes the contract with the first freelancer doesn't work out, or they find the need to hire another freelancer.
- I checked your Membership & Connects page and I can see that your connects will not be credited until 22-Jun. If you think you need more Connects, you may upgrade your Membership plan to a Plus plan. Once you have moved to the paid Connects, you should be able to purchase Connects in bundles.
We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support ticket to assist you with your billing method issue.
Edited to add:
Please, note that while your account hasn't yet been moved to the new paid connects system, we are planning to have all freelancers to be moved to the new system by the end of June. You will receive a notification about a week before your account is moved to paid connects.
1. In the previous system, yes, connects would be credited at the beginning of each billing cycle which you could check in Settings> Membership & Connects. In the new system, Basic Membership doesn't include free connects. The only way to change the billing cycle is to upgrade Membership. The day you upgrade to a Freelancer Plus plan your billing cycle date is reset.
2. With this change, we are raising the price of the Freelancer Plus plan to reflect the fact that Connects now have a monetary value of $0.15 each. With the Freelancer Plus plan, you will continue to receive 70 Connects (a $10.50 value) plus all the other valuable perks, such as seeing competitor bids when you submit a proposal and rollover Connects. Learn more here.
3. After the change, connects are not sold individually, but bundles begin at $1.50 for 10 Connects. Regardless of which bundle you choose, all Connects are priced at $0.15 apiece. Here are your bundle options:
• 10 for $1.50
• 20 for $3
• 40 for $6
• 60 for $9
• 80 for $12
Be advised that starting in May, Upwork changed their connects policy. There is no more free connects on the basic plan. You now need to purchase connects. It cost $0.15 for each for freelancers. The 60 connects you got for free on the basic plan, if you want to have them again this month you need to pay a total of $9 , (0.15*60)