🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » About Clients
Page options
76cdad02
Community Member

About Clients

Hi,

iI have been having really bad experience with my clients who only ask for registration fee before giving me the job and sure I haven't given any clients money because it's against Upword policy 

Please how can I get hooked up with the right client? 

2 REPLIES 2
falguns42
Community Member

You don't have to pay a single amout of money to get a job, have you checked the client's profile(How long he/she is on Upwork, Payment method verified, How much he/she spent on Upwork)? If you have checked this and still the client is askig you for the registration fee you don't have to pay them. you can also report them or contact Upwork's support team.

Thank you

ArjayM

Hi Nfor,

I'm sorry to hear about the experiences you had with clients. It's also great to know that you're aware of Upwork's TOS.  In addition to Falgun's response, a real client will never ask you to give them money to start working, cash a check for them, work for free, or provide your personal information. You may want to check this help article and this thread for more information on how to stay safe on Upwork. We also encourage you to let us know if a TOS violation has happened by using the Flag as Inappropriate option throughout the platform. You can learn more about user reporting here.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members