๐Ÿˆ
ยป Forums ยป Freelancers ยป Account Suspended Recovery
Page options
b7c31ac1
Community Member

Account Suspended Recovery

๐“๐ก๐ข๐ฌ ๐ข๐ฌ ๐ก๐จ๐ฐ ๐ˆ ๐ซ๐ž๐š๐œ๐ญ๐ข๐ฏ๐š๐ญ๐ž๐ ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๐ญ๐ฐ๐จ-๐ฒ๐ž๐š๐ซ-๐จ๐ฅ๐ ๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ฉ๐ž๐ง๐๐ž๐ Upwork ๐š๐œ๐œ๐จ๐ฎ๐ง๐ญ!

Following up on my previous post, I mentioned that Upwork Customer Support has not responded to my ticket for approximately one week.

๐’๐จ, ๐ก๐จ๐ฐ ๐๐ข๐ ๐ˆ ๐ซ๐ž๐œ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐š๐œ๐œ๐จ๐ฎ๐ง๐ญ?

So, here's the story! Initially, I created two Upwork accounts for myself two years ago, but neither of them was verified.

The first account was suspended because I posted my services in the job sector (when I didn't know anything about Upwork policies).

Cutting the Story Short!

I want to restore the first Upwork account, which was two years old and was suspended one year ago, but I was unable to log in, so I decided to continue with the second account for freelancing, but a few days ago, when I completed that account 100%, I was abruptly suspended with no notification or email, and Upwork support was unresponsive. So I created three more Upwork accounts, which later (on the second login attempt) also got suspended, so now I have a total of five suspended accounts!

I posted the problem on LinkedIn and also on the Upwork Community form, and I was answered on both platforms. Upwork responded to my post on LinkedIn, but the issue remained, and on the Upwork community form, I was treated well by an Upwork moderator who assisted me in resolving my issue, but that new Upwork Account was also suspended, and I was unable to access, see, or send messages.

So trying to recover the account the only thing left was to wait and get an email response from someone from Upwork support that I was not getting for days! Meanwhile, on LinkedIn, freelancers commented on my post as an Upwork comment increased the reach of post and it received more than 5k impressions, which sounds wonderful to me, but the issue has not been resolved!

๐…๐ข๐ง๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐‡๐จ๐ฐ ๐ˆ ๐ ๐ž๐ญ ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๐š๐œ๐œ๐จ๐ฎ๐ง๐ญ ๐›๐š๐œ๐ค?

So I submitted a new complaint explaining the issue once more and also stated that I only want one verified account of mine to operate as a freelancer with Upwork and asked them to close all other accounts. After that, I got the same automated answer via email, I attempted every possible option to get early support assistance and also knew that it would take days to get a response from that ticket!

๐…๐ข๐ง๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ฒ, ๐ˆ ๐๐ž๐œ๐ข๐๐ž๐ ๐ญ๐จ ๐ซ๐ž๐ฉ๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐ญ๐จ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฌ๐š๐ฆ๐ž ๐š๐ฎ๐ญ๐จ๐ฆ๐š๐ญ๐ž๐ ๐ž๐ฆ๐š๐ข๐ฅ, ๐š๐ฌ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐จ๐ง๐ž ๐ฅ๐š๐ฌ๐ญ ๐จ๐ฉ๐ญ๐ข๐จ๐ง ๐ซ๐ž๐ข๐ญ๐ž๐ซ๐š๐ญ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๐ฉ๐ซ๐จ๐›๐ฅ๐ž๐ฆ, ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ ๐ฎ๐ž๐ฌ๐ฌ ๐ฐ๐ก๐š๐ญ?

I received a response from an Upwork customer service representative! I stated the issue, and they simply asked me to verify myself, so I sent my passport and a photo of myself with my passport for verification.

Within one day, ๐ˆ ๐ ๐จ๐ญ ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๐ญ๐ฐ๐จ-๐ฒ๐ž๐š๐ซ-๐จ๐ฅ๐ ๐Ÿ๐ข๐ซ๐ฌ๐ญ ๐š๐œ๐œ๐จ๐ฎ๐ง๐ญ ๐›๐š๐œ๐ค!

๐๐ฎ๐ข๐ญ๐ž ๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ฉ๐ซ๐ข๐ฌ๐ข๐ง๐ !

After recovering access to my Upwork account, I was also hired by the client after submitting the first proposal!

I'd want to thank you for taking the time to read it and for the assistance provided by Facebook, LinkedIn, Upwork, and the community in reactivating my account!

By sharing this post, I want to help others!

Have a fantastic day! Thank you once more! 

Saif Ullah
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
759e32fa

Hi Saif, 

We're glad you were able to recover your account! Thank you for helping the Community by sharing your experience regarding this matter.

In general, all users should avoid creating multiple accounts and tickets. The former is against the TOS and the latter may result in delays with your concern being addressed by our support team since this increases the general volume of requests the team receives.

Instead, if your account is suspended, it's best to respond to the existing ticket that you can find on the My Requests page. If you can't find the ticket about your suspension or are unable to respond to it any longer, you can follow the appeal process here.

~ AJ
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
759e32fa

Hi Saif, 

We're glad you were able to recover your account! Thank you for helping the Community by sharing your experience regarding this matter.

In general, all users should avoid creating multiple accounts and tickets. The former is against the TOS and the latter may result in delays with your concern being addressed by our support team since this increases the general volume of requests the team receives.

Instead, if your account is suspended, it's best to respond to the existing ticket that you can find on the My Requests page. If you can't find the ticket about your suspension or are unable to respond to it any longer, you can follow the appeal process here.

~ AJ
Upwork
b7c31ac1
Community Member

Thank You For Your Feedback.

Saif Ullah
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members