cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Account suspended - still no feedback (no review)

Highlighted
Viktor I Member Since: Mar 12, 2015
1 of 29

Hello,

I got my account suspended because of a "wrong" title (!). I modified it the right way. But no one seems to be reviewing it now. I applied to the support desk 2 or 3 times during 3 days - all I got were the correction advices and the standart responses about nothing. But no account review.

What should I do now? Maybe I apply to the support desk in a wrong manner? What is the official deadline for the suspended account reviewing? Or maybe none?

I am so much disappointed about oDesk. It is obviously not the way for the reasonable business relations. I see no problem in prompt reviewing the suspended accounts. At least they could just post the exact date of reviewing - not keeping me in the complete disorientation - giving me the feeling that they simply forgot about me forever.

During 3 days I was getting responses and help from various help desk people (on my requests). Interesting - why are they not eligible to review my account? That would solve the problem in 5 minutes.

I saw many people here complaining about suspended accounts misreviewing. Is it some hidden policy or what? I wonder if all the other freelance services are the same about it.

Highlighted
2 of 29

I see that no one is responding me even here! Smiley Happy

Just to add: the helpdesk is not responding when I sent an email to accountreview@odesk.com as it was advised in the local rules.

Anybody here can help me to unlock my suspended account? Moderators in this forum perhaps?

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
3 of 29

Hi Viktor,

Sorry about the delay. Our team will review your account and follow up. Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Highlighted
Wade L Member Since: Feb 11, 2015
4 of 29

I also have a problem in that I want to hire a certain freelancer. She has no real job experience as yet, but as I have already trained her and I want to give her this experience I helped her get her Odesk profile set up and helped her write an honest overview. Problem is her account was suspended straight away and the "marketplace quality team" don't even bother to respond to her open ticket. Even after 2 weeks!!! I have tried using the chat to get followups going but I have to say this is one of the worst customer experience set ups I have ever seen. There must me no SLA's or decent KPI's in place. I'm now at my wits end and the fact that the "marketplace quality team" do not even bother to respond my poor freelancer doesnt know what to do

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
5 of 29

Hi Wade,

I'm sorry about the confusion. The freelancer in question probably needs to improve their oDesk profile. For more information please refer to the notification the user received, and take a look at this Help article

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
6 of 29
What was the title that you were suspended for?
Highlighted
7 of 29

Hello, Preston. Thank you for your attention.

My story is the following: I am totally newbie to the freelance in general. I registered here at oDesk for the first time in my life. I put my title as "Web developer" and submitted my profile for acceptance. As a result, I got my account "put on hold". I was told that my title lacked skills or experience.

Despite I speak and understand English well enough - I did not understand right what they meant. This happened probably because of the cultural difference - such requirement simply did not fit into my mind at first.

Due to misunderstanding I added some skills into the "Skills" section (instead of adding them into the title) and resubmitted my profile for review again. That was the way I undestood their requirement.

For the second time I got my account suspended - with the same requirements. I started to inquire the help desk. Finally one nice woman - Krizia Marie Nunez

(oDesk Help Center) not only exactly explained me everything - she even provided me the screenshot of my title and also she gave the exact link about the title requirements - this one: https://odesk.zendesk.com/entries/23082686

"DO briefly summarize your experience and skill set and the kind of jobs you want. Ex: “iOS/Android App Designer and Developer” The skills you include here should be consistent with your employment history and your overview."

So I changed my title eventually from "Web developer" to "Web developer (PHP / MySQL / JavaScript)". I hope such title would comply with the local policies.

After that I am constantly trying to get my profile reviewed and reactivated again - but I get nothing in response.

I would like to publicly thank Krizia Marie Nunez from (oDesk Help Center) for her professionalism and humanity. She's a nice person - friendly and professional. Thank you so much, Krizia. The other people from oDesk Help Center were not so effective - they could have explained me everything better - like Krizia did. Than such problem would not come up at all.

I hope someone here could help me to unlock my account.
Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
8 of 29

Viktor,

I really appreciate your taking the time to share your story.

I know it seems like things are off to a rocky start, but from everything I have read in your account, it sounds like oDesk doesn't intend to block you permanently or anything. I think their customer support representatives are trying to follow guidelines, which have been enhanced recently and made more strict for newcomers, in an attempt to get your profile to a more competitve state before allowing you to continue to bid on new jobs.

It sounds like you have already taken the steps needed to get your profile in accordance with what they are asking for.

They definitely wanted a more specific title than what you originally put down. ("More specific" or "more detailed" would have been much better way for them to describe what they wanted, rather than saying you had the "wrong" title.

I'm sure you will have more success using a title like "Web developer (PHP / MySQL / JavaScript)" than simply identifying yourself generically as a "web developer."

I think some of what you descibe seems kind of messed up and heavy-handed on the part of oDesk, but I think you will be able to finish this process and move forward.

You are justified in feeling that it is taking too long, but it's nothing personal. ODesk customer support is somewhat overwhelmed with requests, some of them stemming from many recent changes, and I think they're responding to these requests in the order they receive them. It DOES mean waiting, but not waiting forever. My experience was that I waited a couple of weeks for an account review.

Highlighted
Jake Raymund A Member Since: Mar 4, 2015
9 of 29

I've had the same problem sir and it took them about a week or two to give me a proper response. Don't send multiple tickets as they seem to be very fast in replying to multiple tickets and merge them right away.

Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
10 of 29

Ok, I'm going to test the adage that fortune favors the brave. My title is the exact title Viktor originally used, 'Web Developer' -- I guess that means oDesk is now stricter when it comes to your profile title. Experimentally, I did a Freelancer search for 'Web Developer '-- so I know I'm not the only one with a 'Web Developer' title. There were quite a few 'Full Stack Web Developer' titles, which isn't much more specific than plain 'Web Developer', although I understand it indicates a developer with thorough knowledge of both server and client side code. Finally, I even found one freelancer with the title "Mr" -- I'm not joking; he has a 5 star feedback score by the way.

I really hope my posting this isn't going to cause my account to be reviewed. I have a 96% Job Success, even if my title isn't what it should be. I could be proactive and change my title to Web Developer (PHP), but that might trigger a review also.