cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account visibility set private by upwork

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
21 of 109

Hi Anna Lian,

Please go to Find Work page on your account and use the options listed in a pop-up message when you click on your visibility status to set your profile back to public.

Anna Lian Shae B Member Since: Oct 18, 2017
22 of 109

Hello Vladimir,

It is not possible and I dunno why, please refer to my screenshot attached.

Thanks,

Anna

23 of 109

Hi Anna Lian,

Please use one of the three options/links on the left side of the pop-up window in order to update your profile visibility to public.

Anna Lian Shae B Member Since: Oct 18, 2017
24 of 109

As of the moment, I prefer using basic(free) plan, If my reputation is good enough to get clients, then I'll definitely subscribe to a monthly plan, though how can I do that if my profile is automatically set to private right?

Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
25 of 109

@Anna Lian Shae B wrote:

As of the moment, I prefer using basic(free) plan, If my reputation is good enough to get clients, then I'll definitely subscribe to a monthly plan, though how can I do that if my profile is automatically set to private right?

You can do it the same way most freelancers do, by sending proposals to clients. Having your profile set to private in no way impacts that process--it just means that clients searching freelancers to send out invitations won't find you. 

Maryrose Joy V Member Since: Dec 4, 2017
26 of 109

I have the same issue. I have not used my account yet. My profile has been set to Closed /Private by upwork.There is no link to change back to active or public. When I click Customer Service it just takes me to the help page and nothing happens. Please Help. 

27 of 109

Hi Maryrose Joy,

I've updated your profile visibility to public and would like to direct you to check the email notification you received and use on of the options available on your Find Work page, in case you need to update your profile visibility again.

Maryrose Joy V Member Since: Dec 4, 2017
28 of 109

I truly appreciate your assistance. Thank you so much. Woman Happy

Mohammad Q Member Since: Nov 3, 2017
29 of 109

Hi Ma'am,

I am facing an issue that two of my agency profile's visibility has been changed to PRIVATE automatically and would also like to inform you that I have already gone through the upwork community. But I guess being an agency I don't think we can make earnings on every profile.

I request you to please share your response with a solution.

30 of 109

Hi Mohammad,

Note that the agency contractors in question can switch their profile back to public by earning again or using the link from the pop-up message on Find Work > clicking the locked private tag.Mohammad

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS