cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account visibility set private by upwork

Michelle C Member Since: Nov 20, 2017
31 of 109

I am having the same issue, there is no link to change back to active or public.  When I click Customer Service it just takes me to the help page and tells me the same thing. HELP!

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
32 of 109

Hi Michelle,

Your profile visibility has been reset and it should now be showing in search. 

Thanks for reaching out.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Michelle C Member Since: Nov 20, 2017
33 of 109

awesome! thank you so much :-)

Keith B Member Since: May 15, 2019
34 of 109

Amanda...perfectly communicated.  

Upwork...I can completely understand that you are trying to make it better for those who are actually finding success on your platform.  I am one of those individuals.  But like many others, I am right now with 3 open contracts with customers that are on hold, refuse to respond, or have just failed to close out a completed job.  I have currently 6 open proposals and am actively looking every single day.  I am one who has passed the 10k income mark and really enjoy and sell your platform to anyone who will listen.  This is not the type fo person that should be undergoing a strict 30 day earning restriction.  As Amanda said, is it not possible to consider a number of metrics in this decision that account for more than just income?  Could not the metric change with an increase in a number of categories?  

Additionally, why do I just get an email after it's happened and there isn't a resolution process a few days before the restriction is enacted?  If being public gets me invitations and out of the blue, because I am not watching how close to the 30 days I am; I am trying to get jobs landed, Upwork makes me private then the time I am not public costs me possible opportunities.  This really needs to be discussed on a higher level.  

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
35 of 109

Hi Keith,

Thank you for your valuable feedback and suggestions, I'll be sure to share this with the rest of the team for the consideration. I just set your profile visibility back to public. This program is a reward for freelancers who regularly earn on the platform, and a trust and safety measure to prevent off-platform payments.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Himanshu M Member Since: May 30, 2017
36 of 109

My profile has been set to Closed /Private by upwork.There is no link to change back to active or public. Request you to Kindly help  me n resetting it to Public.

Thanks,

Himanshu

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
37 of 109

Hi Himanshu,

We will change your visibility shortly, thank you.

Untitled
Tithi C Member Since: Feb 4, 2018
38 of 109

Hello,

I can't raise a ticket to request to set my profile visibility to public (as the visibility is locked private now)! Therefore I am requesting the Upwork Community Gurus to kindly help me to set my profile to public or assist me to raise a trouble ticket.

Please help!

Regards,

Tithi

Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
39 of 109

Hi Tithi,

Your profile was set to private due to not having earned in the last 30 days. You can check this announcement, and refer to the notification sent to you about your profile visibility status. You can change the status of your profile on your Find Work page and hover your mouse pointer on visibility for options to have your profile switched to public. Your profile status will be updated shortly. Thanks!

-Joanne
Untitled
Nenad H Member Since: Feb 5, 2018
40 of 109
Can you please reset mine to visible? Thank you.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS