🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Active proposals but clients not responding y...
Page options
983eefa8
Community Member

Active proposals but clients not responding yet

I have two active proposals. No one is responding. One is being active more than a month and another one is for 12 days. The title of the jobs are virtual assistant-Talent Sourcing and the other one is virtual assistant Ukranian Russian German. 

Virtual assistant-Talent Sourcing did not hire anyone and they need five freelancers. About virtual assistant Ukranian Russian German, it was mentioned that connects will be refunded if the client does not hire.

They should respond whether to hire or not. as Virtual assistant-Talent Sourcing took my details for interview but it did not happen. I was also waiting because the client is from UK and there is sudden rise of of Covid-19, so I keep on waiting. Please help me in this situation and any chance to get connects back for one of the proposals. Thanks.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Khaleda I wrote:

I have two active proposals. No one is responding. One is being active more than a month and another one is for 12 days. The title of the jobs are virtual assistant-Talent Sourcing and the other one is virtual assistant Ukranian Russian German. 

Virtual assistant-Talent Sourcing did not hire anyone and they need five freelancers. About virtual assistant Ukranian Russian German, it was mentioned that connects will be refunded if the client does not hire.

They should respond whether to hire or not. as Virtual assistant-Talent Sourcing took my details for interview but it did not happen. I was also waiting because the client is from UK and there is sudden rise of of Covid-19, so I keep on waiting. Please help me in this situation and any chance to get connects back for one of the proposals. Thanks.

The reality for almost all freelancers is that you will not be hired for the majority of projects for which you apply, nor will you hear back from clients if they're not interested in hiring you. You can't just bid on two jobs and then wait around expecting to get hired; as a new freelancer, you should be checking the website several times a day and applying for any jobs that look like they're a perfect fit for you. Put lots of time and effort into your profile and proposals so that they're as good as they can possibly be. That's the only way that you're likely to get hired, and it could take weeks or months. It's not easy to get a job here, especially as a virtual assistant. 

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Khaleda I wrote:

The reality for almost all freelancers is that you will not be hired for the majority of projects for which you apply, nor will you hear back from clients if they're not interested in hiring you. You can't just bid on two jobs and then wait around expecting to get hired; as a new freelancer, you should be checking the website several times a day and applying for any jobs that look like they're a perfect fit for you. Put lots of time and effort into your profile and proposals so that they're as good as they can possibly be. That's the only way that you're likely to get hired, and it could take weeks or months. It's not easy to get a job here, especially as a virtual assistant. 

@christine A Thanks for kind reply, I am facing same situation. I have 2 active proposal and job details showing no one is hired by the client. I mean I am neither selected nor rejected by client. One of the client messaged me that " Do you have Skype"? I replied "NO" Since then he is silent and offline.

I have to wait or withdraw from the project.

Thanks

regards

Shakeel, you don't need to use Skype. Ever.

But... what a lot of freelancers do if asked that question by a prospective client is say yes, and provide their Skype handle.

If a client wants to hire a freelancer who communicates via Skype, then using Skype opens up additional opportunities for you.

Sir

Thanks for your kind reply. What I got using skype is not a big issue on UpWork to get work. I was afraid that It could be voilation of T&C.

thanks again for you time and guidanance. 

So are you saying we should be ok going outside the framework of Upwork when we are asked to give our Skype and/or phone number?  I have had several clients ask me that after submitting the proposal and I thought that was a violation of the terms.  If not then I'm happy to get the info to them.  Another client asked me to fill out a form, which specifically asked if I wanted direct deposit or check for the hourly work.  Again outside of the Upwork framework but when questioned they said no everything would be through Upwork and then I have not heard back.  As a new freelancer to Upwork it seems very confusing to be concerned with violating the terms but almost everyone is asking for skype, mobile, or telegram.  

Michelle D wrote:

So are you saying we should be ok going outside the framework of Upwork when we are asked to give our Skype and/or phone number?  I have had several clients ask me that after submitting the proposal and I thought that was a violation of the terms.  If not then I'm happy to get the info to them.  Another client asked me to fill out a form, which specifically asked if I wanted direct deposit or check for the hourly work.  Again outside of the Upwork framework but when questioned they said no everything would be through Upwork and then I have not heard back.  As a new freelancer to Upwork it seems very confusing to be concerned with violating the terms but almost everyone is asking for skype, mobile, or telegram.  

No, it's not okay to talk to clients outside of Upwork until a contract is in place, and it's not okay to accept outside payments, either. Since you're a new freelancer who's located in the U.S., you will be the target of scammers. Upwork's rules are designed to keep you safe and prevent you from wasting hours of your time being interviewed by "hiring managers" and filling out forms. If you refuse to give out your contact information and a client stops talking to you as a result, that's actually a good thing.

Michelle D wrote:

Michelle, 

This thread has become a little unwieldy (when you want to refer to a specific post use the quote marks in your reply). 

Not being allowed to give personal contact information to a client before a contract has been set up and agreed, is a relatively new condition. So if a client asks for this before hiring, then you can explain why you can't do this.  Once a contract is in place, you can use any form of communication you like, so long as you get paid through Upwork.  

What is annoying, is that Upwork does not seem to have made this condition crystal clear to clients. If it did, it would stop the sort of chancers you have come across. 

powerblock20
Community Member

I as the client have been trying to respond to proposals but have not been able to. Each time that I've tried reviewing a freeancers proposal I am being sent to a page that is telling me I don't have access. Would you happen to have experienced the same thing? If so how did you resolve it?

Hi Samina,

I checked your account, and it looks like you have submitted a ticket already regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket to assist you further. Thank you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
1b4833c9
Community Member

Hi!

I'm new on upwork (as a client) and put online 1 job and received 14 proposals. I wondered if there is some netiquette framework on dealing with so many proposals. Am I SUPPOSED to answer them all? I'm not working not in my companies HR department, so I have hardly any experience on hiring...

Any help is welcome!

Cheers,
Olaf

re: "Am I SUPPOSED to answer them all?"

No.

Focus on who you want to talk to. Discard and forget about the other proposals.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members