🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Adding Client's reviews on Linked profile
Page options
niraj_airan
Community Member

Adding Client's reviews on Linked profile

I am actively searching for a job. I am on the Upwork from 2-3 weeks and have some good reviews. I am wondering is there any option to link my upwork profile or add some client's reviews on my linked in profile. I know that I can share individual reviews on linked in as a post but can I add them on linked in profile? My clients can't get my Linkedin profile because of Upwork's policy, so this way I will not get any endorsement or skill appreciation on Linked In, no matter how good I perform as a Freelancer.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Neeraj,

At the moment we only have the option to share your feedback on your social media channels (networks). However, thank you for your feedback, I will share it with our team. 

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Neeraj,

At the moment we only have the option to share your feedback on your social media channels (networks). However, thank you for your feedback, I will share it with our team. 

~ Goran
Upwork

I have a client from UpWork that want to connect with me on LinkedIn.

Is this allowed? Is this not violate UpWork ToS to be friend with client on LinkedIn?

Of course if client want to do more work, I will do it under UpWork platform and never do any transactions out of UpWork.

The client just want to be friend on LinkedIn so we can grow our relationship, not just limited on work platform.

Please share and let me know if this thing allowed or not?

Thank you.

I have a question about this point : Disintermediation

I agree if client asked to work out of UpWork it is not secure and violate ToS.

But how if client just asking to be friends with us out of UpWork, for example in our social media like LinkedIn or Facebook? With a condition, client just want to be friends, not doing any transaction. All transaction will be handled and done in UpWork.

Is this count as a violation of ToS?

Thanks for the explanation.

I do have the same situation.

Maybe if there is any UpWork Moderator or Contributor can share their view, is this things allowed?

Of course, we are agreed and aware that ALL Transactions and Order will be done in UpWork.

Okta V wrote:

The client just want to be friend on LinkedIn so we can grow our relationship, not just limited on work platform.

Please share and let me know if this thing allowed or not?

If you have or had a contract with that client on Upwork, you can communicate with them however you like, including being friends on social media if you like.

If you don't have and never had a contract on Upwork, you are not allowed to interact outside of Upwork.

Either way, all payments have to go through Upwork.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members