🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Advertised pay.
Page options
Caleb P Community Member

Advertised pay.

What do you do if the pay that you say you are willing to accept on your profile page is actually lower than what a potential client is offering for a job that you come across?

The only thing I have heard was from a video that said to change your profile rate before applying to it.

Is this the only way to go about that issue? 

If so, I am realizing I may be doing a lot of back and forth switching my profile rate of pay. Is there a different way?

4 REPLIES 4
Tiffany S Community Member

I charge the rate I have determined to be fair for my services without regard to the client's budget. If their budget is too low, I bid my regular rate. I their budget is too high, I bid my regular rate.

Caleb P Community Member

Thank you for your answer.

Clark S Community Member

That would be a lot of unnecessary switching back and forth. Like Tiffany said, charge a rate based on the job requirements and what you determine to be fair for your services.

When you are submitting a proposal, you are asked to type in a rate. For example, if my profile's hourly rate is $35/hour and I submit a proposal to a job that I believe requires a higher rate due to the skills/time/energy/services required, then I send my proposal with a $50/hour rate instead of $35/hour. Your profile's hourly rate is included by default, but you can change it to something higher.

Aside from that, you need to change profile title to something like: Virtual Assistant | Data Entry. This will help your profile appear in search results for those keywords.

Caleb P Community Member

Thank you for your answer. I will try this.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members