🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Alot of Bot Jobs, That then Automatically Cha...
Page options
b9b0d8f2
Community Member

Alot of Bot Jobs, That then Automatically Change Job details to completely something else

Hello All, This is just an Post about my observation from last 2 months, and i have been noticing this as there are large number of pishing jobs bot jobs being posted on Upwork. As an example an job post i applied to was having title: React Native & Full stack backend develper required, with skills, react native, full stack developer etc etc. Now after few mins this job completely changes it's details to Data Entry job. and this is not the only job, Daily i see 100s of jobs with same description but from different locations, certin job posts which are have member from same day and first they say they require a full stack developer and then they completely change to a nonsense job details. 
I was reading through about this happening in past that client changing their requirements, and upwork's response was that clients are allowed to change the job post details. I agree, but there should be some certain limitations about at what level they can change the job details. I have added an example screenshot below about how a Wordpress Development Job post now is fully changed to a Data Entry job, With telegram username mentioned in it. And this is happening in BULK

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

If upwork can ask Job Seekers 16 connects or more to apply on a Job post, then i think upwork Should also Ask the Job Posters a minimum amount of 1$ per job post, just so the Bots can stop posting the spam jobs. 1$ is way too small amount which everybody can pay for if they are serious about hiring someone. They way amount of spam will reduce and everybody is happy.

2 REPLIES 2
khushbu_gohil
Community Member

If they want to reduce scammers then have to charge clients to post job instead of freelancers for connects 

PradeepH

Hi Arshpreet,

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. We truly understand the frustration that arises from encountering spam or phishing job listings on our platform. At Upwork, we are fully dedicated to upholding a reliable and secure environment for freelancers and clients alike. Rest assured that our Trust & Safety team is aware of the situation and diligently working to tackle these challenges head-on. This includes combating the increasing number of scam posts and continuously adapting to the ever-evolving tactics employed by fraudulent accounts.

The suggestion to implement a minimum fee for job postings is an interesting one. I appreciate your feedback and will be sure to share this with the relevant team for further enhancements to our platform's security. You can check out this course for more tips on staying safe on Upwork and please use the flag option found on each job post or message anytime you’d like to report a violation.

- Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members