🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » An Offer of Dilemma
Page options
sarooj02
Community Member

An Offer of Dilemma

Hi! Recently a client sent me an offer. On job post there was not written much so I sent a proposal and got reply. On interview, I found job is tedious. So, I wanted to ignore it. But the client sent me offer despite my agreement. I don't want to do that job. So If I left that offer without accepting until its expiry, will it impact my profile??
6 REPLIES 6
311ec852
Community Member

Hi Saroj,

You have the freedom of choice in taking an offer, or not taking an offer. If you turn down an opportunity, odds are that there will be someone happy to take it on for the client. In those cases, it's a win-win for everyone.

My only advice would be to explain to the client that you're unable to take this opportunity on at this time, and perhaps give them advice on how to describe the job (if their job listing was missing critical details).

Your profile will not be impacted for refusing an invitation, or offer.

ashrafkhan81
Community Member

It would be best if you do not let it expire; you have the option to decline it; declining a job offer or interview will no impact your JSS. But not responding could! 

You should also drop a message, just one or two lines, explaining that the job description does not appeal to you. 

petra_r
Community Member

Saroj S wrote:
But the client sent me offer despite my agreement. I don't want to do that job. 

Simply decline the offer with a friendly note that you're now no longer available. Do not just ignore, that's rude and unprofessional!

Ashraf K wrote:

declining a job offer or interview will no impact your JSS. But not responding could! 

No, it can't. In any way!

sarooj02
Community Member

Hi what if I ask the client to decline the offer and client declines it. Will it impact on Jss?

re: "Hi what if I ask the client to decline the offer and client declines it. Will it impact on Jss?"

No.

No impact on JSS.

petra_r
Community Member

Saroj S wrote:
Hi what if I ask the client to decline the offer and client declines it. Will it impact on Jss?

Why don't you just decline it? Why hassle the client to withdraw the offer? Simply click on "Decline" and be done with it.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members